Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am very excited. I ordered my Old Faithful Holster over the weekend and I cant wait to get it delivered. I got on for my 1911 to see how it fits and works out, if it performs like I think it will I will be ordering one for my PT840.

What do you guys think of them? And what guns do you carry in these holsters?

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
Wearing one now, and it's as good as my $69 crossbreed. Want to borrow my press?

·
Registered
8,801 Posts
Thanks for the link. I'm about to find out - just ordered small of back kit for my PT24/7. If it is as depicted on their web site (top of hand against back - made note on order to be sure) and I don't have to twist my wrist/arm to draw, I'll be a happy camper. Will let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
540 Posts
I love mine for my PT145 Pro.

·
Registered
27,567 Posts
I've been interested in these since I first came across them in another thread on TA. I haven't tried it yet, but I would like to. I had one thought, though... Instead of making a press, I was thinking of trying a vacuum bagger. Seems like even one of those Space Bags would work. Anybody know if that has been tried? And with what results?
I figure the area of an "average" gun has to be about 12 in^2 - which works out to ~225 lb. - the equivalent of a pretty good press.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
I am also wearing mine.
I keep shifting it slightly trying to find the best spot to wear it.
I have also done some trimming of the leather where it would bend the wrong way, and have moved the clips to better fit my waist.
Wearing at 3 o'clock seems best for me.
I may still move the clip on the left closer in to the Kydex.

SN850407.JPG

·
Registered
8,801 Posts
Order the double size Kydex kit and try the FoodSaver Vac and let us know how it goes. I'd expect it to work. If it doesn't, you still have enough left to do it the recommended way.

·
Registered
8,801 Posts
Thanks for the link. I'm about to find out - just ordered small of back kit for my PT24/7. If it is as depicted on their web site (top of hand against back - made note on order to be sure) and I don't have to twist my wrist/arm to draw, I'll be a happy camper. Will let you know how it goes.
Hadn't heard anything about my new holster after 8 days (although credit card charged) so dropped an email and got the following in response:

"The approximate wait time is 1-2 weeks. However, your order is toward the top of our stack and should ship no later than Monday 4/23. If you have any other questions or concerns please let us know. Thank you for your business and have a great day!"

I thought being a "Kit" might ship a little quicker than this - in any case, at least I know it's coming soon.:yipee:

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
I would guess they are getting a lot of orders lately.
All those guns being bought need a home.
They're probably running a bit behind on filling orders.

·
Registered
27,567 Posts
Order the double size Kydex kit and try the FoodSaver Vac and let us know how it goes. I'd expect it to work. If it doesn't, you still have enough left to do it the recommended way.
That shouldn't be necessary, as I understand it, if you're not happy with the way the Kydex forms, you just reheat it and it flattens back out.

·
Registered
8,801 Posts
I haven't a clue. Just repeating what was said on their web site. - they recommended just in case of a screw up to get the 6 x 12 rather than std. 6x6.

I'd still like to know if the FoodSaver vac would work.:cool:

·
Registered
8,801 Posts
Rec'd my MoB Old Faithful holster kit for PT24/7 today. Assembled easily enough and now in use to break in. Expect will need to tighten up after wearing for a few days. Sits comfortably in my office desk chair, which is similar to the buckets in the F150 & Blazer. Actually forces me into better posture when sitting. No wrist or arm twist to draw and reholsters very neatly.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hadn't heard anything about my new holster after 8 days (although credit card charged) so dropped an email and got the following in response:

"The approximate wait time is 1-2 weeks. However, your order is toward the top of our stack and should ship no later than Monday 4/23. If you have any other questions or concerns please let us know. Thank you for your business and have a great day!"

I thought being a "Kit" might ship a little quicker than this - in any case, at least I know it's coming soon.:yipee:
Ordered mine two weeks ago. Email yesterday saying just now shipped. Two weeks just to ship, didnt think it would take that long either.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I just built mine for the PT111 and PT140 about 2 weeks ago. It was the pre-moulded shell that I had to assemble. I wore it a few days straight and it works great! Still like my King-Tuk for the Kel-Tec PF9! The Old Faithful was half the price. It did seem like it took a while to ship for a kit. But it did arrive!!!

;)

·
Registered
540 Posts
Rec'd my MoB Old Faithful holster kit for PT24/7 today. Assembled easily enough and now in use to break in. Expect will need to tighten up after wearing for a few days. Sits comfortably in my office desk chair, which is similar to the buckets in the F150 & Blazer. Actually forces me into better posture when sitting. No wrist or arm twist to draw and reholsters very neatly.
1. Your holster is facing the wrong way. :D

2. You will indeed need to tighten the fasteners after break in.

3. You may need to adjust your cant depending on your build and what firearm you are carrying. My PT145 would print (but not to badly) with the recommended set up but I tried it for a while just to give it a chance. I ended up maximizing the cant forward the whole way to all but eliminate printing and to my delight, it made carry even more comfortable. While I was at it, I used blue thread lock on all the screws since the rear belt clip fastener had worked it self loose during the initial break in period. They seemed to be fine after that but I figured what the heck. I had the stuff already and I knew the setup of my holster would be good by then.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
8,801 Posts
1. Your holster is facing the wrong way. :D

2. You will indeed need to tighten the fasteners after break in.

3. You may need to adjust your cant depending on your build and what firearm you are carrying. My PT145 would print (but not to badly) with the recommended set up but I tried it for a while just to give it a chance. I ended up maximizing the cant forward the whole way to all but eliminate printing and to my delight, it made carry even more comfortable. While I was at it, I used blue thread lock on all the screws since the rear belt clip fastener had worked it self loose during the initial break in period. They seemed to be fine after that but I figured what the heck. I had the stuff already and I knew the setup of my holster would be good by then.

Enjoy!
1. :eek::D I can always sell it to a lefty for a cross draw.:rolleyes:

2. Not only had to re-tightened, but have gone to shorter screws and spacers and may do again.

3. I have/use screw Loctite (sold it for years) and will once I'm sure through adjusting, will use. With the clips in mid point the nose of my PT140 is just below the belt bottom - as long as it holds both 247 & 140, aesthetics is of little concern (in spite of Mom always saying to wear clean underwear cause you never know what might happen);) I probably have one more position to try before nailing it.

So far, quite pleased with purchase and pricing was surely right.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I have two of their holsters, one from a kit for my PT-92 and for something different, one of their off-the-shelf holster in faux CF for my 90-Two. They're interchangeable and I love them both.
Post some pix when you get yours for your 1911. I think you'll be pleased.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
I have made 5 Old Faithful holsters and am pleased with all of them.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts