Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29,765 Posts
My fingers are crossed. My house rep and senator are for it.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Heres hoping you get it!

·
Registered
24,616 Posts
Let's work on reciprocity for Minnesota.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Snippet -- please use, or make up your own, when writing your rep! Whatever you do, write them! NOW!

I am writing you to ask for your support tomorrow for HB910 which is scheduled for floor debate. I urge you to support amendments that are acceptable to to the sponsor so that the bill can remain identical to SB17 which has already been passed by the Senate. Allowing Texans the option to legally carry their firearms openly will be very beneficial to CHL holders and allow the flexibility to carry openly when deemed appropriate as well as concealed when deemed appropriate by the license holder.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Not from Texas, but I'm still pulling for you guys:)

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
As a Texas resident living in AZ, I would really like to see this pass

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Good luck my Texas friends!

Sent using small keyboard and fat fingers.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
When it passes and Abbott signs it, I will buy a new sub-compact pistol to celebrate.

Reactions: TexasAviator

·
Super Moderator
35,085 Posts
When it passes and Abbott signs it, I will buy a new sub-compact pistol to celebrate.

Why a subcompact? Heck, when it passes, you can carry an X frame, a Desert Eagle, a Raging Bull! :D

·
Registered
541 Posts
It'll pass. The question is in what form. Will it pass as is as it was delivered from the Senate? Or will it be burdened with amendments allowing local opt out or requiring retention holsters? If it gets amended, then it has to be hashed out again between the house and the senate.

·
Super Moderator
35,085 Posts
hopefully, retention holsters won't be part of the deal. I hated that idea with the one that didn't pass last time.

Reactions: TexasAviator

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I think the number of co-authors already surpasses the number of votes needed to pass.
We just need the house to vote on SB17 and they wouldn't even need to vote on this one.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
It'll pass. The question is in what form. Will it pass as is as it was delivered from the Senate? Or will it be burdened with amendments allowing local opt out or requiring retention holsters? If it gets amended, then it has to be hashed out again between the house and the senate.
This isn't the Senate Bill, it's the House Bill. They have voted on SB17 in the House yet.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Fingers crossed here too. Sadly Texas republicans have a way of caving at the last second. Like our scummy Lt. gov. I will be listening to the news tomorrow. There are some back up bills in the background.. Its important since our congress meets every other year. Long wait for better luck next time

1 - 19 of 19 Posts