Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the lowdown on the US Palm AK30 mags? Good? No good? I hear they are fairly easy to clean since you don't have to take them apart to do it. My lgs has them on sale for $20. Are they worth it?

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
I've heard their good mags, US Palm is the same as Tango down and they are steel reinforced mags, usually run much more then 20 bucks. Much closer to 30... usually I just buy the steel mags but with shipping that wouldn't come much cheaper then 20 bucks, I say get you some :) Anything that US Palm makes is going to be good stuff.

That said I've ordered some of these here Surplus European Steel AK47 7.62x39 30rd Magazines and the ones I got in the mail didn't show one lick of wear on them. They are basically unfired unused surplus that have some oil on them, you might get afew that show small signs of wear but heck the ones I got were pretty much brand new.

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Off track but do you ever see surplus steel mags with a bunch of dings in them and then start to wonder where they've been or what caused the dings?

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
yeah I have afew kinda surplus stuff afew mags and acouple handguns that makes you wonder.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Off track but do you ever see surplus steel mags with a bunch of dings in them and then start to wonder where they've been or what caused the dings?
"Never fired, and only dropped once." Are you sure that's just surface rust?? :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Cheaper Than Dirt carries a great selection of AK mags. There are some 20 round tanker mags that I use and never had a problem.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
They toss them into huge piles. Then they drop a cargo container next to the pile. A front end loader then shoves them into the container where the slap the importer's name and address on them. I'm surprised any of them look as good as they do.

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I ended up getting four of the AK30 mags. I'll see if I can do a mini writeup and snap a few pictures after I take them to the range next time. A few things I noticed right away. Even when fully loaded they are still quite a bit lighter then the steel mags. When I inserted the mag the fit was was rock solid with no mag wobble whatsoever! You can still hear the ammo clinking around inside the mag but the noise is nowhere near as loud as with the steel mags. The holes in the follower are larger then I thought they would be so it looks like cleaning will be a snap. The only complaint I have right now is that it gets extremely tough to load ammo after 25 rounds. I'm sure that is something that will get easier with time. Overall initial impression is A++! Even at their regular $30 price I wouldn't be able to complain.

Oh I forgot. Anyone know if Uplula makes a loader that will fit these things?

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
In soviet russia, mag loads you! =P

But yeah I knew with the US Palm name on the mags they'd be quality mags no doubt.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts