Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went up to the Sportsman's Warehouse and got brand new PT145 3rd gen stainless. The tag on it said 309.99 so I thought I was getting a steal. But, it rang up at 329.99. I was going to say something but then realized that was the going price (Gander Mtn wanted 339.99) so I didn't. Picked up a Galco Yaqui holster as well. I love the fit of the holster and it conceals really nice on my hip. Got some Federal Hyda-Shock 165gr too. Can't wait to get it out tomorrow and shoot it. By the way, the manual says it takes up to 230gr hardball! I got the speed loader with it but the instructions are in Brazilian :-\ I don't read that too good. Can anyone tell me how it's supposed to work. I got 10rds in the mags without much problem (easier than the 15rd in my SW9VE!) so I don't know if it will be a big deal, but since I have it I would like to know how to work it.

We'll see how well these sites shoot compared to the ones on my 24/7...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just has Taurus' logo, the word "Taurus" and "CAL .45" on it. I'll look on their site again, maybe I missed it the first time.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
It is a simple depression loader. It is used to push the follower down and the first round started under the lips, the loader withdrawn and the round pushed to the rear. Then with each additional round, the loader pushed the rounds down so the next could be started under the lips, until the magazine is full.

I'm curious... you could read part of the manual, but balance in Brazilian (Portuguese)? Download one from the Taurus site.

BTW congratulations... you will enjoy it! There are niffty little guns.

·
Registered
790 Posts
The PT145 Club is getting bigger by the Day! I know you'll like it, I was very impressed with mine, and it will probably replace my P11 9mm as a primary carry.

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
You should test that ammo ... I had some problems with it feeding on the last round. I loaded one of those first, and loaded 5 WWB on top of it. The first few times that one HydraShok would jam. I will not carry those until I can test them. I noticed too there was a lot of 'fallout' from those rounds as well. I noticed a lot of brass chunks (maybe the coating on the lead) around the area after firing only. I think I will stick to the regulars if I decide to use the HydraShoks.

Congrats on the new purchase. Let us know what you think about it, but like others, be sure to clean it up a littl ebefore you head out.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cimarron, so you're saying on the primer side of the magazine is where you push down, and then on top of the previous round to get the second one started?

Flyer, I didn't strip the gun but there wasn't any oil that I could see. However, I always clean a gun before shooting it. Thanks. I have the Federal ammo in my 1911 SA and haven't seen any problems like you described. They are, however, the 230gr not 165gr.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Ah yes, another PT145 convert. Welcome to the world of the finest little .45 on the market. You won't be disappointed.

You mean you can't read Portugese? Where were you born? A Barn? :^)

Todd

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
pgreen7436 said:
Cimarron, so you're saying on the primer side of the magazine is where you push down, and then on top of the previous round to get the second one started?
Yep!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BoneDigger said:
Ah yes, another PT145 convert. Welcome to the world of the finest little .45 on the market. You won't be disappointed.

You mean you can't read Portugese? Where were you born? A Barn? :^)

Todd
How'd you know?! ;D

It was a dark, cold day in December and the cows had just been milked... At least, that's the way my Momma tells it!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Flyer said:
It's the ONLY thing I've had in mine that had this problem. I've shot WWB, CCI, brass and the silver one, Aguila IQ, and the HydraShoks in question.
I'll probably be going to the range to put at least 50, maybe 100 rounds through this gun, but it will be the indoor range and they don't allow HPs. I'll have to save those for a day I can make it to the outdoor range.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.