Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
34,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the radar, we've been in the eye of Beta for about 24 hours now. It's a weak storm and the eye is not well defined meaning there's no clear sky like in a hurricane/stronger storm. SO, it's been raining buckets. We WERE dry as a bone a few days ago, no more. We did need it, I suppose. It's fun watching the rain from the porch, but the fun is wearing thin. ;D

Wife had to go to the hospital for an ultrasound of her gut. She had a polyp on her gall bladder they wanted to check out. We took the Ford for its 4x4 capabilities. Yeah, it's THAT wet down here. Creek hasn't overflowed the road yet, though, but it's getting close. It overflowed in Harvey. Didn't wash out the road THAT time, though. The house, fortunately, is on high ground.

Winds were pretty rough yesterday and last night, but they've died down. It's crazy, I've lived my whole life near or on the coast. My house in Port Lavaca was 100 yards from the bay to the bluff. We've been in this house, 100 miles from any salt water, for 9 years and I've been inconvenienced by tropical storm/hurricanes here more than any storms since Carla, which was a MAJOR storm when I was a kid.

It's okay, though, just something to put up with. It's well worth the inconvenience. :D

Reactions: CJS3 and 777Driver

·
Super Moderator
19,611 Posts
Well, from where I sit in West Georgia, the weather has been marvelous for the past 10 days. Someone finally turned the thermostat down outside as it has been cooling down into the upper 40s at night and the high has been mid 60s for fast week. Seriously, it hasn't broken 70 in a while. Turned on the heat to break the chill in the house this morning and later this evening.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts