Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, I've had this gun apart many times for cleaning.

I gave it a cleaning this morning and put it back together, now DA does not function??

Trigger just free travels and the safety trigger don't seem to pop fully into place??

If I slide the slide back just a hair, it engages? You can hear a click and then safety trigger pops back

What I do wrong :(

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
maybe try re-deassemble then reassemble.sometimes it seems like it takes 3 hands to work on the little things.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what kind of tauri? maybe try re-deassemble then reassemble.

Sorry 709, yeah I've taken it back down several times. Gotta be something simple.
I mean all I did was removed slide, barrel and wiped everything down

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like we're going to Miami!! Well not me, just the gun.
After 3hrs on hold, they want me to send it in. I'm pretty sure it's the recoil spring. Hopefully they will return it quickly

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update

Ok so I'm a little confused

When I originally talked to customer service, I explained all the issues I was having, the slide travel problem, loose front sight and bad magazine.

Got the gun back today, everything seems fine... Well almost.
They didn't replace the bad magazine (my dealer did for me though)
No work order, just a sticky note saying replaced front sight.
It looks like they maybe replaced the recoil spring, but not the whole assembly?? Outer spring looks new but still has wear on the assembly.

I called customer service and they confirmed all they did was replace the sight.
The guns seems to function properly as far as original problem solved, but how??
The recoil spring does seen to fit tighter than before..

Since nothing was done I'm afraid this may be up for another trip..
I plan on shooting alot this weekend to check everything out

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
You will never really know what they did to it even though you asked, but I do know that they test them out by shooting them before they ship them back to you. Take it to the range and see how she shoots before calling customer service. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I put 8 rds through it lastnight, everything seemed fine.. After last round I look down and slide was too far forward again, enough I could remove the slide!!!

I'm gonna put couple 100rds this weekend and see how it goes.. Only thing I see is that MAYBE my thumb is hitting the take down lever on the left side??Don't seem logical that would be enough to release the slide but I guess it's possible

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
Unless the slide release spring is broken or missing or bar is broken, pulling down on one side of slide release bar will not release the slide.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Unless the slide release spring is broken or missing or bar is broken, pulling down on one side of slide release bar will not release the slide.

Exactly my thinking and I can't duplicate it in the house.. I'll update this thread after the weekend shooting.

Thanks for all the input

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
UPDATE

Ran 200 rds through her today, a couple FTE but other than that no issues at all, except shooting low and left at anything over about 7yds.

Shooting off the rest it's right on, so I know it's me.:)

BTW my 9yr old son was shooting 2-1/2" groups from 4-5yds..
kid's gonna be a dead eye as he grows up:) . He's spot on with a .22 and hits skeet one after another with his 20g.
I wanna get him a pump and see if he can hit doubles.

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
Glad to see you shot it off a rest to take yourself out of the equation. Try putting just the pad of your finger on the trigger and not the first joint. This seems to help with pulling the gun low and left. Getting used to the trigger will also help. They break-in between 300-500 rounds, so you are about there. Good luck with it and congrats on passing along your hobby of shooting to your son.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.