Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had no problems with disassembly but I can't quite get the slide to go back far enough. I am at a loss.

·
Registered
22 Posts
more info plz.

are we talking about a pt1911?
if so perhaps the hammer is not cocked to the rear. ???

there is a pictorial at the top of this page on how to field strip a pt1911.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have looked at that. My problem is reassembly. yes a 1911

·
Registered
906 Posts
Have you tried the assembly of 1911 videos on you tube?

I use those every now and then when I get stuck.

·
Registered
22 Posts
are you able to re-insert the slide stop through the barrel link?

perhaps the slide stop is not inserted all the way/correctly?

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I'm used to moders semiautos so to me it's a PITA to take apart a 1911 and put it togather... :-X

yeah make sure the guide rod is positioned correctly (not unside down) and the bushing is turned to the side...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all. I am apprenticing for a gunsmith part time, so I feel ridiculous but this is my first 1911. I'll take it in with me tomorrow if I don't get it tonight.

·
Registered
7 Posts
when you are putting the slide back on are you holding it upside down? because there is a guide or something(i don't know exactly what it is but i'm sure someone here does) on the back right side of the bottom half that will flip out if you are holding it upside down and not let the slide all the way back. that seemed to help my problem with re-assembly... also, there is the chance that your link pin has slipped to the side and is stopping you from sliding back

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
eight_heads I agree with you about the little tab at the back. I assemble mine upside down and just press on that tab to get the slide back on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts