Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Before something worse happens.

Something I my lunch didn't agree with me so I have a bit of a touchy stomach. No problem I can handle it.

The wife comes back from town and tells me that she decided we needed a shop-vac for the exterior clean up. No problem I can handle it.

She tells me that she thinks it will fit on the shelf in our out building, if I can put it up there. No problem I can handle it.

I go out and it is in the driveway, still in the box, which she opened to get the paperwork out. I pick it up, carry it to the out building and proceed to put it on the shelf. Problem.

Apparently, between the time my wife took out the paperwork and the one I picked up the box, a curious mouse decided to check out our new vaccum. Now I am a rough and tumble country boy but somehow, while holding the box just above eye level, seeing a mouse jump out and proceed to scramble down my arm, towards my face hit my temporary "can't handle it" button.

I look him I the eye and scream like a little girl. He looks at me and screams like a little mouse. He instantly decides his fastest egress will be found inside the flannel shirt I am wearing partially open, jacket style. I decide that my fastest egress from the situation is back out the door, with the box still in hand and now above my head. I know better than to drop the box.(or maybe I was to shocked to come up with the idea) so there we go across the yard, the mouse trying to extricate himself from my wardrobe, and me trying....Well I don't know what I was trying to do, but I was trying to do it fast..and loud.

We part company about half way across the yard. I look towards the house, my wife and daughter are looking out a bedroom window and in the living room window are three dogs. If ever it could be said that dogs had an "amused" look, those three qualify. After lunch took another lap around my innards I got the box where it belonged. While doing so I taught every creature within earshot a bunch of new words.

I am going to got to bed and pull the covers over my head for a while.

·
Super Moderator
13,827 Posts
I don't blame you. Let me know when you're ready for supper. In your case, I'd recommend some chicken noodle soup, saltine crackers and 7-Up.

Thanks for the laugh of the day. My imagination sure is having fun with your story!

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I have tears in my eyes, laughing so hard. It felt like I was running along side you in your story....lol

Reactions: Paul81

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
I needed that, thanks for the laugh!!!!........:)

·
Registered
24,616 Posts
Truly a girly man mouse story. Laurel and Hardy come to mind.

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Postscript: My wife, who I often claim has no sense of humor suddenly "found her funny"

"You must have been a hoochie dancer in aprevious life. You had some major moves happening out there. I'm going to change you name to "Dances-With-Mice"

Ho ho, he He. Great time for her to branch out into comedy.

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
Quick -where's kschilk? Maybe he went to visit you!:D

·
Registered
17,062 Posts
So, other than that how is your day going?

·
Registered
4,957 Posts
Ok to make you feel better here is my freak out story While in the military working nights on aircraft, about 2 am we got off shift and head out to go home. A group of us walk out to the far end of the parking lot were we are parked. This part is DARK. As I get to my truck and go to put my key in the door a CAT jumps out of the dark bed of my truck. I swear it pushed off on its second leap using my shoulder. By this time I have hit the ground and was rolling under my truck and very strange sounds were being emitted from my vocal cords. I heard about it for years in that command until transferred.

Reactions: AOCM.RET

·
Super Moderator
13,827 Posts
My understanding is that a TA member must have a very good reason to request a nickname change, but honestly, can anyone think of a better reason for leftcoastrebel to change his nick be to Dances-With-Mice? Really, his wife's suggestion is suggestion is classic. I can't imagine an administrator refusing it. :D

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
I'm teared up and my ribs ache from laughing. :D A friend of mine who will just walk up and grab any venomous snake is terrified beyond hope of any spider.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Leftcoastrebel I know where you are coming from. 1 night at work after lunch I kicked back in my chair and put my feet on the desk . A mouse ran across my desk and up my pant leg. The guys at work didn't know I could dance and scream at the same time. I feel your pain.

·
Banned
15,276 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
GREAT Story! ROTFLMDAO (Rolling on the floor laughing my dumb arse off!)

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Thanks, leftcoastrebel, I needed a good belly laugh! :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts