Very nice! Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Sweet! is it for me?;D

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Oh yeah - very handsome!!! thanks for the pix!

·
Registered
24,794 Posts
Yeah, I like those Beretta grips on the PT92

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Yeah, I like those Beretta grips on the PT92
It was my best experiment to date. It wasn't that I didn't like the wood grips (that it came with), it's just that I liked an all black grip better. I thought out the process in my head for a few days before I decided to hack up a new pair of M9 grips. I am pleased with the result.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Oh btw, you do realize you have no safety now:D
Yes. If I could remove the Safety from all my Taurus pistols, I would. I've seen pictures of several other 'Police Special' PT92's and they all still have the Safety Lever present - but it's a Decocker only of course. The frame I put the Slide on is a 1986 production No Decock model so although I can't use the Safety for anything, it doesn't look out of place. I bet for less than $100, a gunsmith could remove the Safety altogether but I'm not going to have that done.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Yes. If I could remove the Safety from all my Taurus pistols, I would. I've seen pictures of several other 'Police Special' PT92's and they all still have the Safety Lever present - but it's a Decocker only of course. The frame I put the Slide on is a 1986 production No Decock model so although I can't use the Safety for anything, it doesn't look out of place. I bet for less than $100, a gunsmith could remove the Safety altogether but I'm not going to have that done.
My PT945 HD POLICE also has no safety.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Oh btw, you do realize you have no safety now:D
However, I can change the Slide from my PT92CS and gain a Safety function and still have a Safety function on the PT92CS. Little known fact on a 'Decock with No Return To Neutral' is that when you Decock using the Decock Lever, it is also now a Trigger Safety until returned to Neutral. It can also be moved between Decock and 'ready to shoot'. If you rack the Slide while the Decock is in the Decock position, a round will be chambered but the condition will stay Decocked. The Hammer will not stay cocked when the condition is Decocked (obviously). Once the Decock is returned to Neutral and the Hammer is cocked either manually or by racking the Slide, the Decock is reset (again, obviously). If you manually Decock the old fashioned way, the Decock will not move to the Decock position.

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,177 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts