Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the LGS with my secret cash stash today and browsed. Handguns pretty picked over but did see all three Taurus MilPros on parade - PT111, PT140 and PT145. Purdy as could be. Also had two Taurus Judge models on display.

Already being the proud papa of a 140 and 145 I was looking for something else. I spotted an ATI 3" semi-auto in 45ACP hidden behind the "been there forever as long as I can remember" Kimber CDP 9mm. I made the mistake of asking to handle/fondle it. was the handgun equivalent of love at first grip.

Well, the ATI came home with me. PIX to follow after I bring her in and clean 'er up tonight.

Reactions: ncfarmer

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Ohhhh, yeah...

Underwater diving Freediving Recreation Scuba diving Marine biology

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Nice!! I'm going to two gun shows this weekend and have cash. I sure hope that dosen't happen to me!

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Congrats!! If that 3" ATI is the Titan, you should be well pleased. Just got mine to the range a few weeks ago, and it was flawless. I need to get better sights, but that ain't the gun's fault. :D I put the Fusion FO on the front but still need something better for the rear.

Gun Firearm Trigger Airsoft gun Starting pistol

Reactions: gbusmech

·
Super Moderator
20,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats!! If that 3" ATI is the Titan, you should be well pleased. Just got mine to the range a few weeks ago, and it was flawless. I need to get better sights, but that ain't the gun's fault. :D I put the Fusion FO on the front but still need something better for the rear.

View attachment 45489
Actually, it is the FX TITAN. Mine is blued and not the SS model but looks like pretty much the same gun.

It took me a bit to clean 'er up as it was swimming in oil in a sealed plastic bag in the box.

Here she it . . .

for now she is gonna have ta digest a diet of Hornady Critical Defense

And I need to find some additional mags - she only came with the one

Attachments

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,741 Posts
Nice!! How come I never get the smokin' deals?

Reactions: daytonaredeye

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
I have this thing for .45's Fictional character Illustration Plant Plush Animation

·
Super Moderator
20,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have this thing for .45's View attachment 45498
ya, I do to. Cannot splain it but its like some deep inner emotional thing that a guy just ought not have to say out loud . . . I now have 4 of them. The 5"(PT1911) , 4"(RIA Commander 1911) and now this 3" 1911 and my PT145. My favorite caliber by far!!!

·
Super Moderator
39,373 Posts
I LIKE it...a LOT!

Congrats!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Nice! I like those. Enjoy :D

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your new firearm.

·
Registered
37,357 Posts
Actually, it is the FX TITAN. Mine is blued and not the SS model but looks like pretty much the same gun.
It took me a bit to clean 'er up as it was swimming in oil in a sealed plastic bag in the box.
Here she it . . .
for now she is gonna have ta digest a diet of Hornady Critical Defense
And I need to find some additional mags - she only came with the one
Congrats, I have the same gun.
Mine wears a set of houge fingergrips and honestly even my blind Butt finds the sights very aceptable and easy to see, large rugged, seems like slightly oversized white dots that are very bright.
I has a Colt Officers model many years ago and the thing almsot ruined me on small 1911's, finally got bit by the small 1911 bug bad enough i picked up the ATI Titan, it converted me completely.
Love the lil gun, shoots wonderfully and flawlessly.
I run 185 grain XTP 's in mine, although the 200 grain Gold dot and the older federal Classic 175 grain is very nice in it as well.
it starts getting jumpy with full house 230 grain defense loads but still manageable.
also don't know if you are aware but any Colt (clone) 1911 officers model magazine will fit and work in it, i got 4 metal form stainless mags for mine ( 17 bucks each), course that was before th great assualt weapon ban being attempted.
I bought my usual back up recoil spring assmebly for the gun, that was a bit of sticker shock however!
Enjoy.

·
Registered
34,139 Posts
Very nice! Now we need a good range report with pictures!

·
Super Moderator
20,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Congrats, I have the same gun.
Mine wears a set of houge fingergrips and honestly even my blind Butt finds the sights very aceptable and easy to see, large rugged, seems like slightly oversized white dots that are very bright.
I has a Colt Officers model many years ago and the thing almsot ruined me on small 1911's, finally got bit by the small 1911 bug bad enough i picked up the ATI Titan, it converted me completely.
Love the lil gun, shoots wonderfully and flawlessly.
I run 185 grain XTP 's in mine, although the 200 grain Gold dot and the older federal Classic 175 grain is very nice in it as well.
it starts getting jumpy with full house 230 grain defense loads but still manageable.
also don't know if you are aware but any Colt (clone) 1911 officers model magazine will fit and work in it, i got 4 metal form stainless mags for mine ( 17 bucks each), course that was before th great assualt weapon ban being attempted.
I bought my usual back up recoil spring assmebly for the gun, that was a bit of sticker shock however!
Enjoy.
Well, olfahors, took yer advice and ordered a bunch of mags from Brownells today. Got 3 of the 7 rounders and a few additional 8 rounders. They were about the only mags listed as "in stock".

May have a more difficult time finding the bullets < 200 grain. I do use Hornady Critical Defense which should fit the bill and seem to feed and cycle thus far. I had heard that full 230 grain bullets might be tough on the recoil spring setup and reverse plug. They apparently come stock stock with 14 lb springs. 18 lb springs seem to be recommended if you are gonna be feeding it a regular diet of 230s. Does this sound about right to you? I know you have a tremendous 1911 fund of knowledge so any further advice would be greatly appreciated.

Curt

1 - 16 of 16 Posts