Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long has Taurus been making the Tracker, are they fairly new.

I am reading that some guys are getting 44mag Trackers on here...and i keep reading that there needs to be a range report... and by the way ;) when i finally get to go shoot on paper with mine..(small little 357 4" :thumb:)you guys will get my modified version( that will justify my shooting abilities to fit my pride,not my reality LOL ;D)....

Oh and one more thing...I shot a Ruger 44 mag 6" one time, and then gave it back to my buddy( thank you very much :eek:)...
you guys can have them big guns :loco:..I am a wee bit scared of them LOL

·
Super Moderator
35,009 Posts
In the last 10 years, I THINK. I was real hot for a .41 mag titanium for a while, 24 ounces, nice on the hip, even could carry IWB. But, the more I thought about shooting it with hot loads, the less the Titanium sounded like a good idea, LOL! The steel ones ain't that heavy and I like stainless anyway for field use, though stainless WILL corrode and titanium will not. A titanium .357 wouldn't be THAT bad. My SP101 shoots nice and it's only 27 ounces, but .41? ouch, LOL

·
Registered
539 Posts
Dbsoundguy; check out my pics and range report for the new M44C 2" Tracker I just picked up; at 31 oz I really like it and it been my primary carry weapon lately. I'm liking the cooler weather; get to carry the big guns!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have the .41 magnum Titanium Tracker and it is punishing to shoot. But it is nice to carry. The issue now is trying to find one. I spent a lot of time last night trying to get a value on it and nobody has them. I don't know how long Taurus has been making Trackers but I'm keeping mine.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know how long Taurus has been making Trackers but I'm keeping mine.
Thanks GF..i am keeping mine too...sure is a perty gun..Fer Sur ..Fer Sur ;D

I tell you,, i never knew there were so many different mag rounds out there...
Glad i gots me the old simple one..Lol :devil:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I picked up a new Tracker 44 4 inch over the summer. I was pleasantly surprised by the overall quality. I'm mostly a S & W guy (apologies where required here), but S & W only offers a really light exotic metal .44 or a pretty weighty 629 in 4". At under 9" and 35 oz. or so, the 4" Tracker seemed like a nice combo of weight, length and ammo options. It's size makes all day hiking with it very viable.

I've never owned a ported piece before, so I was skeptical. Shooting specials was downright cushy and fun. The only "magnums" I've put through it so far were some range reloads. Not full house mags, but definitely feisty compared to the specials. The porting tamed the reload magnum recoil very nicely.

I recently got some Federal 300 grain castcore hard lead magnums--I definitely don't want to start a bear thread here, but I spend a lot of time in CO these days and they do have some pretty hefty specimens in the back country here. If the pepper spray doesn't work, I'd want to have an option besides hand to paw combat.

I expect that the 300 grainers will make the fairly light Tracker push back on my hand pretty good. I'll post here after I've let a few of those go down range. If I can handle the Federals, then it's on to the Buffalo Bore experiment.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool... Reggie...i await your results... :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts