Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I carry a taurus 605 in my pocket from time to time, and it can be like carrying a brick. I'm thinking about going lighter, and I want input from someone who has an 85UL and pocket carries. I'm planning on going with a keltec in the very near future, but I may want to pick up the 85UL as an alternative carry as well.
Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
35,216 Posts
ROFL...Well, I have a P11 Kel Tec that I carry alternatively with a M85UL. I think they're pretty interchangable, really, both about the same weight and size. Of course, the little P3AT or P32 (if those are the KTs you're considering) are a lot smaller than the P11 or PF9 and would be easier to conceal. I may get a P3AT in the near future, myself, because of that. But, I buy my jeans with big front pockets and with something to break up the outline, a pocket holster, the M85UL or the P11 rides all day and I barely notice 'em. Both of these guns are very accurate and I really like shooting 'em as well as carrying them.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have a 605 that's great to carry; most of the time. But church and business slacks fit me different and don't allow for heavy front pocket carry. That's why I got a P3AT. I still carry the 605 a lot but the P3AT is ALWAYS with me.

·
Super Moderator
35,216 Posts
I've been carrying my SP101 in Thunderwear http://thunderwear.com/ quite comfortably daily. It's got a Hogue grip on it, too, rather large. I've fit my 3 inch M66 in there and it fit, but haven't carried it there. Thunderwear is a good way to carry a bigger, heavier gun even more concealed than pocket carry and all day with comfort. However, the gun is not accessable, not as quick to draw, and harder to get at when seated. With practice, you can access it pretty quickly, though. It's a good way to totally conceal a bigger, heavier gun with comfort. Nice alternative to have way I look at it. I really prefer it to IWB for concealment and comfort.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts