Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We live in Washington state west of the Cascades fairly close to Mt. St. Helens.
Now, I know in places like Texas people can walk barefoot on the surface of the Sun and laugh.
Not here.
Today it got stupid hot.
Tomorrow it will be in the low 70's.
I am going to catch pneumonia and I am going to die.
I just know it.

View attachment 308169

·
Registered
18,485 Posts
Gotta' be careful, pneumonia (pronounced po nee you moe nee ya) is nothing to mess with.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Try 118 degrees with a dew point of 70 degrees sometime. You don't sweat, you become self basting.
100 degrees is just getting warm in these parts.
We have been 115 degrees plus for the last week. We will soon come into a 'cooling trend' and be down to a 'cool' 103 degrees soon.

·
Super Moderator
13,773 Posts
But it's a dry heat.....
At 21%.............yeah...............
......and somehow I'm not feeling any sympathy here.
I was born and raised just north of Bellingham. I currently live in New Mexico. What Rickenbacher described ain't no dry heat. Been there, done that, and always when it was time to bring the hay bales in from the fields and stack them in the barns. At the end of the day you just kinda pry your blue jeans off and lean 'em against the wall, so's they're ready to jump back into the next morning.

·
Super Moderator
35,536 Posts
We're loving the climate change here in the Midwest...today and yesterday dawned with a clear blue sky and the mid 50's with a slight 9mph breeze wnw...both days hit a high of the mid 70's with low humidity.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
I will admit that it did get warm here in fungus corners, almost 91 with overcast skies. Makes me glad I don't live where it gets HOT.
Being of sound (I hope) mind I did the only sensible thing I could think of, I took a nap in front of a large fan this afternoon.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Like Rickenbacher39 I too live in Western Washington, Olympia to be exact. Today it got to 98°F so I holed up inside the condo with the AC going. It was a pleasant 72°F. I deal with the cold weather a lot better than the humid heat of summer; just sayin'...

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
I dream of places with only a 21% humidity.

I live in the Deep South where 'hot' is defined as the thermometer and the humidity racing to 100. Right now, the humidity is in the lead since it's at 84%.

·
Super Moderator
35,536 Posts
Ideal for me would be Tucson Nov-May and Northern MN for the balance of the year.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
S23t 98 ain't nothin!! Try 115 for 2 weeks straight!!

BW

Reactions: Rickenbacher39

·
Registered
7,648 Posts
They don't sell air conditioners there?

We live in Washington state west of the Cascades fairly close to Mt. St. Helens.
Now, I know in places like Texas people can walk barefoot on the surface of the Sun and laugh.
Not here.
Today it got stupid hot.
Tomorrow it will be in the low 70's.
I am going to catch pneumonia and I am going to die.
I just know it.

View attachment 308169

Reactions: Rickenbacher39

·
Registered
24,499 Posts
So, you want sympathy or empathy or something like that? Just a minute. Okay, here it comes. Aaaawwwwwwwwww.

·
Registered
16,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Try 118 degrees with a dew point of 70 degrees sometime. You don't sweat, you become self basting.
100 degrees is just getting warm in these parts.
We have been 115 degrees plus for the last week. We will soon come into a 'cooling trend' and be down to a 'cool' 103 degrees soon.
You're my hero...................:p

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Down here, Highs in the mid 90s daily, dew point 72-77 daily.. kind of makes your skin feel 1/4" thick or like wearing a wet suit... I love it!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts