Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello does anyone here know if someone with minor misdomeaners for marajuana posseion and possesion of paraphenalia can own hand guns in Ohio?

·
Registered
50 Posts
yes you can. back in september (i think) they changed the law so you can own and possess a gun but you are still ineligible for a conceal carry permit

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you jmcrides03. Do you have any where i can look that up. I went to the states website and man is it vague.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Drug offenders may qualify for gun ownership after Cuyahoga County judge's decision | cleveland.com heres a news article talking about it its inohio revised code somewhere im pretty sire but it would take me a little while to find. i got caught with literally crumbs a friend left in my car and got charged for it like 3 weeks after my 18th birthday and since september they changed the disqualification, ive bought 3 guns ( 1 hand gun, 1 bolt action rifle, and a semi auto 22 plinker) with out even any kind of delay on a back ground check.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Ohio Rev. Code Ann. § 2923.11 to § 2923.24.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2923

·
Registered
977 Posts
Giving non-violent offenders their gun rights back?? God I love this state.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you all for your help in this matter.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Wow. I live in OH and didn't know this. Then I again I never tried weed before either. So to me it didn't matter weather I knew or not.

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I am now the proud owner of a brand new GP100 and my buddy picked up a 10/22. He is stoked to finally get one. I am very happy with my new purchase as well.
Thanks for all the advice guys appreciate it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts