Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Police: Pit bull fatally shot after attacking CCW holder in Coll - Cincinnati News, Weather, Sports from FOX19 NOW-WXIX

COLLEGE HILL (FOX19) -

A man with a concealed carry license shot and killed a pit bull after the animal attack him and his dog as he walked his pet in College Hill Tuesday night, according to Cincinnati police.

Officers responded to Bobolink Drive about 10 p.m .

The extent of the man's injuries were not immediately clear.

HAPPENING NOW: This man’s pit bull was just shot by a CCW holder. That CCW holder told police the pit attacked him and his dog while they were on a walk. But the pitbull’s owner says that’s a lie
Owner of pit says he’s angry and sad that his family including his 6-year-old daughter watched their pit, Scooter, get shot in the head
OTOH

https://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2018/06/ohio_man_shoots_kills_dog_afte.html

The dog, reportedly a pit bull, was unleashed.

WLWT Channel 5 reports the dog's owner came outside but was unable to calm the dog, so the bite victim, a concealed-carry permit holder, shot the dog in the head.
I can certainly understand a dog owner being upset about losing their dog, but if the bolded is true, they can't reasonably expect the victims to just continue to allow themselves to be further injured or even killed. Responsible dog owners keep control over their dogs in some way.

·
23,071 Posts
The dog bit him on the leg.

Twice.

End of discussion. Another dog lost to inadequate, careless owners.

·
Registered
36,893 Posts
There are truly a FEW bad dogs , but usually there are a lot more Bad Owners!

·
Registered
345 Posts
In 2014 a neighbor’s pit bull got out its wire fence enclosed yard. It was a means dog and he had to keep in fenced in buna court order the neighbors sought. I was out in my front yard when the dog came daring across lawns right at me as it was kneeling and planting a shrub. The dog latoned onto my left forearm. I have to say that hurt. Relying ogot in the Corps, I froze and did not mobe the arm. Movement can cause the dog th thrash about and that will mean much more injury. The dog would not release. I drew my Lc9s and shot the dog between the eyes.

It owner came running over screaming at me for killing his dog. He called he police to report me. The police came and cited him for his negligence. They reported the incident to the district judge who had ordered the dog confined, and he wawarded me $500:for pain and suffering even though I did not file a legal claim. I gave the $500to the local SPCA. I love animals.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
A women was killed by a couple of pit bulls while walking home from work in the Oak Cliff neighborhood in Dallas. The dogs came over a fence and attacked her. She was unarmed. Later, another woman was attacked by dogs (pitbulls, I think) but was rescued when the dogs were driven off. She was badly injured. The owners were arrested, and the dogs were caught and destroyed by Animal Control in both cases.

Quite frankly, anyone who raises a Pitbull (or any breed for that matter) to be vicious or for dog fighting deserve what they get if the dog attacks someone and gets shot for its trouble. I don't have any sympathy for the owner. Hopefully, the little girl who witnessed the dog getting shot will learn a simple but valuable lesson: loose dogs that viciously attack people unprovoked will get shot and the owner charged.

Many years ago, I was riding my bicycle on some back roads near Roy Utah and two German Shepards came out of a yard next to the road and tried to bite me. The owners were sitting on the porch of the house laughing. They stopped laughing when I nailed the dogs in the face with potent pepper spray. One guy jumped up, cursed me and started to come off of the porch until I raised the pepper spray at him. Meanwhile, the dogs were crying, sneezing and rubbing their faces on the grass in the bar ditch. I told the man that I was going to report them to the local police for having vicious, unrestrained animals and all they did was curse me. I did report them and gave the police their address and a report of what happened. I went by the house a week later and the dogs came out of the yard again but skidded to stop when I raised by pepper spray can and promptly ran behind the house with their tails tucked between their legs. I had a good laugh. There were no CHLs in those days, but pepper spray designed for cyclists and postmen was perfectly fine. If you live a rough neighborhood with Pitbull attacks being reported and you can't carry a weapon, get a small can of potent pepper spray. That should stop the attack long enough to escape and get help.

·
Super Moderator
40,649 Posts
What GhostHorse said and then shoot him again to make sure he's dead and maybe pistol whip the owner for awhile.
I'm thinking that takes things too far. Tragic event for everyone involved.

·
Banned
4,262 Posts
In 2104 neighbor’s pit bull got out its wire fence enclosed yard. It was a means dog and he had to keep in fenced in buna court order the neighbors sought. I was out in my front yard when the dog came daring across lawns right at me as it was kneeling and planting a shrub. The dog latoned onto my left forearm. I have to say that hurt. Relying ogot in the Corps, I froze and did not mobe the arm. Movement can cause the dog th thrash about and that will mean much more injury. The dog would not release. I drew my Lc9s and shot the dog between the eyes.

It owner came running over screaming at me for killing his dog. He called he police to report me. The police came and cited him for his negligence. They reported the incident to the district judge who had ordered the dog confined, and he wawarded me $500:for pain and suffering even though I did not file a legal claim. I gave the $500to the local SPCA. I love animals.
Hey, may I borrow your time machine??? 2104??? 86 years in the future?

·
Registered
345 Posts

I am amzing aren’t I. I not only live in the future but I can screw up numbers easily. Thanks, I will fix it.

Reactions: FreeInAZ

·
Registered
36,893 Posts
Well being a responsible owner I keep both of my Chinese Pit Bulldogs both behind a fence and chained with a loging chain!!!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
13,948 Posts
Moderators! We might know where Bender's time machine is!

(It's been missing from the TA virtual prison & warehouse for over a year.)

Reactions: FreeInAZ

·
Registered
36,893 Posts
Moderators! We might know where Bender's time machine is!

(It's been missing from the TA virtual prison & warehouse for over a year.)
OK, before you guys get any ideas I had nothing to do with this!!!!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
27,087 Posts
Well being a responsible owner I keep both of my Chinese Pit Bulldogs both behind a fence and chained with a loging chain!!!
They are beautiful!

·
Administrator
35,627 Posts
The entire reason I have my Ruger LCP coyote special in my pocket when I go for a walk is for a situation like that. I'm not in the habit of being a dog's chewtoy and it won't take much prompting to defend myself.

Reactions: leejack and pegasus

·
Administrator
35,627 Posts
That first picture comes close to bringing a tear to my eyes, I lost a Shih Tsu in 2014 that looked a lot like that.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
23,071 Posts
You did the right thing, but I know it can't have been easy. Sorry you had to do that.

I'm thinking that takes things too far. Tragic event for everyone involved.
Well said sir.

·
Registered
36,893 Posts
TTG--
I feel for you!
this old girl is soon to be 18 yeras old (The picture is from about 6 years ago), shes slowing down a lot, loosing weight and sleeps about 18-20 hours a day.
she will not be with me much longer i am sure.
she has been the best dog that i have ever owned, never a minute of trouble, smart as a whip, and a great companion.
the young one is a keeper as well.

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Hey you old fire horse, they are beautiful my friend!

Do you still use that Taurus reading lamp (AKA PT99)? LOL!

Post a picture, it's been forever!

Reactions: olfarhors
1 - 20 of 22 Posts