Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I completed my Ohio CCW course Sunday, April 7th and went yesterday April 8th to submit my application along with the laundry list of other "important" things I needed. After having my fingerprints taken the woman said that it would be 45 days before I was mailed my license. Is this typical everywhere else to wait this long? I'm eager to do the wally walk although, I know I will not find any ammo. Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Congrats on completing your course! I got my permit in a week,but that was before everybody and their brother was applying! Good luck!

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
In Ohio it varies by county. I got mine the next day in Sandusky Co. Congratulations on your CHL (that's what it's called in Ohio, not CCW) carry safe, carry smart, and carry often!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks! I'm looking forward to carrying- just trying to wait patiently. I just called it a CCW as that's what was posted on the Sheriffs office door, of course by the service I was given there I'm not sure they REALLY knew what was going on lol.

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Can't speak for Ohio, living here in Tulsa. Took me around eighty-five days before I got my Oklahoma license!
And even though you may not find any ammo when you do your traditional walk, get some chips, or something! :D

Congrats!

Reactions: PsyArcher

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Hamilton county:
I dropped off my paperwork last Tuesday. 2:30PM
I got the call yesterday. 1:50PM
I'll pick up later today.
I'll Wally walk tomorrow??????

·
Registered
538 Posts
As Laker said, it varies county-to-county. My resident county would take the full 45 days, I'm sure. I got mine from Ashland county and would've had it in less than a week, but they ended up having to run extra background checks, which took another month.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess there is no real hurry to get it, not like I plan on putting myself in a dangerous need to carry situation however, I'd like to have it just in case. I just wanted to know what the wait time was for everyone else. Thanks for all the info!

·
Registered
532 Posts
I just got a call from the Ashland County Sheriff's Dept. My CHL renewal is ready for pick up. I went last
Monday to apply for renewal. That's pretty quick.

·
Registered
601 Posts
In Ohio it varies by county. I got mine the next day in Sandusky Co. Congratulations on your CHL (that's what it's called in Ohio, not CCW) carry safe, carry smart, and carry often!
Not sure how things work in Sandusky, But in Stark county its considered "CCW" and that is the title used by instructors and LEO.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Our instructor told my wife and I that lucas county where we live would take 45-60 days and that we should go to neighboring wood county for faster turn around. We did just that an it only took 14 days.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Not sure how things work in Sandusky, But in Stark county its considered "CCW" and that is the title used by instructors and LEO.
If you have yours, look at your card. It says Ohio license to Carry a Concealed Handgun. Most instructors that are good, and law enforcement personal refer to it as CHL. Nowhere does my license say anything about CCW.

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
We had a similar thread not long ago as I said then think about these things next time you vote for Sharif. The amount of time and money they are willing to spend on CCW is dependent on their own feelings on the matter.

·
Registered
601 Posts
If you have yours, look at your card. It says Ohio license to Carry a Concealed Handgun. Most instructors that are good, and law enforcement personal refer to it as CHL. Nowhere does my license say anything about CCW.
CCW APPLICATION FORM:

NO WHERE IS THERE A CHL ABBREVIATION

·
Administrator
40,174 Posts
No dog in this fight, but they don't look like this any more?

Maybe they vary by county.

Attachments

Reactions: Laker

·
Registered
12 Posts
as of now franklin co is a two month wait for a appt. a friend just called today. another friend had his appt a few weeks ago and they called him the next day and told him his permit was ready to be picked up.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts