Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on getting my CCW within the next month and I plan on traveling to Michigan in sept to go on a Salmon fishing trip. I plan on carrying my gun on the trip, what states honor Ohio's CCW? Someone told me you need a trigger lock for any gun to be in a car in MI, is that true?

THANKS

Jeremy

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
hmm dunno.. you can check the AG's website to find out about reciprocity.
http://www.ag.state.oh.us/le/prevention/concealcarry/reciprocity.asp
this list can change often so do not print them out and think you're covered always look up on the site before a trip so you know your information is current.

currently Michigan does recognize Ohio CHL.

i do not however know the fine detail of Michigan gun laws, which you will have to follow even if you have a CHL there laws may (and probably are) different then ohios.

buckeyefirearms.org makes up wallet size cards with the highlights of ohio CHL laws/forbidden carry areas, and current reciprocity list, however like i said that changes often and should not be trusted completely.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Mussin, here is a link to handgunlaw.us/ . They have links to all 50 states and their laws concerning concealed carry. They also have maps that will show you all the states that will honor your Ohio permit. Check it out. Welcome to the forum!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts