Reactions: taurustoter

·
Registered
24,500 Posts
Congrats on your new wheel gun.

·
21,956 Posts
Congratulations; sounds like you already realize how much you're going to like that revolver.

·
Administrator
39,378 Posts
That’s a good looking revolver! Congratulations on your new purchase.:thumb:

·
Registered
345 Posts
I DO believe that the 605 will be my next revolver. SS is definitely the way to go with any of the new Taurus revolvers! One question tho, why are there 6 rounds in the loading strip when the 605 is a 5 shot revolver? 😉 Just sayin'.

·
Administrator
35,116 Posts
Purdy ! Can't wait for your range report, congrats !!

·
Administrator
35,116 Posts
I DO believe that the 605 will be my next revolver. SS is definitely the way to go with any of the new Taurus revolvers! One question tho, why are there 6 rounds in the loading strip when the 605 is a 5 shot revolver?  Just sayin'.
Why buy a 5-round speed strip? a 6 round strip gives you an extra round (or two, if you are carrying two speed strips) that might come in handy. ;)

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I DO believe that the 605 will be my next revolver. SS is definitely the way to go with any of the new Taurus revolvers! One question tho, why are there 6 rounds in the loading strip when the 605 is a 5 shot revolver? 😉 Just sayin'.
Well, if I have one more spot to put some ammo, it's going there. I might just need one more round to save my butt.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, went shooting this morning, and the new M605 did good...just like the other one. I just took a pic of the one 6" paper plate, shot from 7 yards, with some Remington .357's. Man, I need to practice more with my wheel guns!

I shot a number of standard .38 Specials, and also 15 rounds of .38 + P's, and they all ran pretty good. Lol, my all black one hides the powder residue better than this one does! Ole girl gonna get a good scrubbing tomorrow.

Taurus does a great job on their revolvers. The stock trigger, on this stainless one, is great and just a tad better than on my all black M605. Now, I need to get the 856!

·
Administrator
35,116 Posts
Nice shootin' ! That 605 makes some nice tight holes at 7 yards.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice shootin' ! That 605 makes some nice tight holes at 7 yards.
Lol. Make sure your looking at the target on the left. The one off to the right (bottom), is labeled .380 Ruger LCP. That's why I was saying I need to do some more revolver practice. ;)

·
8,334 Posts
Nice 605. I did do the wolff kit on mine, (getting hard to find) I think I ended up with the 11lb hammer spring. Anyway mine shoots like a dream. Looks like yours does as well. I am jealous you have two of them. I need another snubby too. My SS 605 hangs in a holster under my bed computer table, so I can fight my way to the XD2 45 tactical in the dresser. I want another to carry around the property for snake etc.. control. Gee its just money right!!! I am leaning toward a standard weight 856.

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
Congrats on your new revolver.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
​Congrats on the 605SS2 as it is an AWESOME gun!

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nice 605. I did do the wolff kit on mine, (getting hard to find) I think I ended up with the 11lb hammer spring. Anyway mine shoots like a dream. Looks like yours does as well. I am jealous you have two of them. I need another snubby too. My SS 605 hangs in a holster under my bed computer table, so I can fight my way to the XD2 45 tactical in the dresser. I want another to carry around the property for snake etc.. control. Gee its just money right!!! I am leaning toward a standard weight 856.
Yeah buddy, I have that 856 on my list next! You know, when Turi first introduced those 856's, I could have swore they were not +P rated, but when I got on the Taurus website, they were all labeled +P. Confused now, but maybe I just read the first reports on them wrong.

I know I sure want one! ;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts