Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,610 Posts
Very tempting! New old stock?

I recall reading some where that the pumps i .45 Colt had feeding issues, anyone else here this?

·
Banned
15,276 Posts

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
Very tempting! New old stock?

I recall reading some where that the pumps i .45 Colt had feeding issues, anyone else here this?
I too have drooled over that same gun and looks like CDNN is about the only one that has them. I quit drooling when I read so many bad reviews and the feeding issue seemed to be the most often complaint.

·
Registered
24,791 Posts
Dahrool dahrool.

·
Super Moderator
35,281 Posts
Not sure what I'e use it for, but it's a cool lookin' little rifle! Think I'd rather have a .357 version, though. i load for .45, but it uses a lot of lead when casting.

·
Super Moderator
40,610 Posts
I too have drooled over that same gun and looks like CDNN is about the only one that has them. I quit drooling when I read so many bad reviews and the feeding issue seemed to be the most often complaint.
I am going to look for the article I read, it was more along the lines of the design issue then the user complaints, however the user complaints is what started the research into the design. Every time I see CDNN offer them I want one, then I rethink about that article.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have also heard about feeding issues, but I still am tempted. IIRC kygunco.com had a few blem Thunderbolts.

They are just stinkin purty

·
Registered
880 Posts
i think they look really nice. Just did a quick search on reviewing them. not so good. lots of talk about double feeds,jams, blow back etc. Plus some talk about taurus not upholding the warranty with them. they do have a certain cool factor but reliability is something i put on the top of my list. Still if you get one it would be nice to hear how it goes.

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
It's a pretty exact replica of the Colt Lightning.

There was a reason that the Lightning never really cut into the market share of lever guns from Winchester and Marlin. ;)

When the action is set up right (it takes a great deal of attention to detail to get it right- aka hand fitting), it is fed the right ammo (it tends to be both length and bullet profile sensitive) and the user works it right (it ain't like running a Remington 870, even if it is a pump action, too), they are par with a lever gun in accuracy and speed in an average shooter's hands but a fast shooter with a lever gun will leave a fast shooter using a T-bolt in the dust.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts