Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a new Cheaper Than Dirt open less than 5 miles away. At least it's not on the way home from work.

·
Registered
24,545 Posts
Cheaper Than Dirt ain't necessarily cheaper than dirt.

·
Registered
16,961 Posts
Nice to have the option, but in my opinion, Cheaper Than Dirt ain't.
I will second that motion.
When they started advertizing .22 ammo for $54 for a box of 50 a while back they kind of lost my attention.
I have always assumed they have very expensive dirt.

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
Considering people do sell paying dirt from their gold claims for quite a bit of money to "hobby planners", I suppose, if they called themselves "Not quite cheaper than dirt"......'.

Reactions: btleslie

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Not a fan of a business that trades purchase history with the government.

Reactions: Wolf1477

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
I will echo the group here... i dont deal with them. There are better places to do business.

Creek

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
I'd be much more excited if there were a Bass Pro Shop opening in my area. (Oh, wait a minute! There is! Can't wait..... Disneyland for grown-ups!)

·
10,379 Posts
I'd be much more excited if there were a Bass Pro Shop opening in my area. (Oh, wait a minute! There is! Can't wait..... Disneyland for grown-ups!)
LoL I hear ya, we've got a new Cabella's opening up 3 hours south of me...yeah I'll probably be making the voyage down just to see what the hoopla's about.

Reactions: btleslie and YOT

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
LoL I hear ya, we've got a new Cabella's opening up 3 hours south of me...yeah I'll probably be making the voyage down just to see what the hoopla's about.
Cabela's stores are nice. Expensive but better quality on most stuff, and items that you can't find anywhere else.

I have a Cabela's, Gander Mountain, L.L. Bean, and Dick's Sporting Goods all within a couple hours of me. I like Gander Mountain the best of those. Nothing is like Kittery Trading post, though. There is only one of those, but that's a 4 hour store with good prices. They have a website, too.

·
22,058 Posts
My closest mega store of this ilk is probably the Bass Pro up in Colorado Springs. There are two more up in Denver. The closest we have in NM is Sportsman's Warehouse, which isn't bad.

And Cheaper than Dirt used to be good, but they gouged and they can stuff it.

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Cheaper than dirt if your dirt has a lot of gold in it.

·
Registered
21,110 Posts

Reactions: Fishinkeylargo

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
As much as Cheaper then Dirt pissed me off with their high prices and their doubled+ up shipping charges if you select different warehouses the people that paid the high prices are more to blame. I still check their prices, and if they have the best end price I will still buy from them. I want to stretch the buying power of my dollar the best I can.

Be warned, I am convinced their online software is programmed to show different prices on the same item to trick you into selecting a lower price from a different warehouse then the first item you selected. Each warehouse selected charges a separate shipping and handling charge. The more warehouses you select trying to save a dollar here or there really ends up costing you more in the long run.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
My beef with CTD was when they Jacked up prices and listed everything at lower prices as "out of stock". Sorry we are all out of those, but we can sell you these at 3x the price. We have a whole warehouse of those.

I understand how a free market works and that is why I don't buy from them.

·
Super Moderator
19,689 Posts
I think around the time I joined this humble site, the best description for them was "Cheaper than dirt, my ass. . . "

I do recall their stoppage of selling ARs after Newtown; their stock fell thru the floor. Seemed they followed the pretender-in-chief's every speech - changing their policy to remain loyal to DC's patter. They have been playing catch up ever since with the gun nation!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts