Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've reached yet another milestone in life.. 69 today..!! As someone suggested to me that's just three 23rd birthdays.. ha, ha. So, to celebrate the occasion, tonight I will be partaking of a rather large bowl of trifle..

It's a British staple really. Large bowl, lined with sponge cake, jello and fruit and topped with custard and a layer of cream. My blood sugar levels will be through the roof tomorrow, but I care not tonight..

I got a very nice photo scanner, it's sitting humming away alongside my desk. Excellent results scanning 120 roll film, that I use a lot, but also 35mm negs too. Saves a lot of time and money getting film processed and printed. I just don't have the space to set up a darkroom. So, process film, scan negs, transfer to Photoshop or Lightroom, job done

Stay well, keep safe chaps. :) (y)

·
Registered
813 Posts
Congratulations on reaching another milestone of life. You may wonder where all the years went. As I get older (I’m older than you), time seems to quickly slip away. I have come to the conclusion that as long as you wake each day on the top side of the grass, all is well. Happy Birthday!🎂

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
I'm not that far behind you as I turned 59 this year ! Happy Birthday and welcome to the "older than dirt " club !

·
Registered
810 Posts
I turned 68 today and to answer, yes you are. wife and i and my sister got in a discussion yesterday of crackers and cookies form out youth. like animal crackers in the RR circus train box with little string handle

·
Registered
810 Posts
and was talking to a couple guys at the range yesterday about how nice it was of us to use the range on seekdays so as to leave the range available for guys who have to work all week. Made us feel really good about ourselves and how unselfish we were

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Congratulations on reaching another milestone of life. You may wonder where all the years went. As I get older (I’m older than you), time seems to quickly slip away. I have come to the conclusion that as long as you wake each day on the top side of the grass, all is well. Happy Birthday!🎂
It's simply a matter of math ....... 'ratio's', or fractions, actually. ...... When you were 10 years old, 5 years was one half of your lifetime. At 50 it has become only 10%, and so on. ...... So comparatively time becomes a smaller fraction of your life as it goes by. ......... It seemed like forever until next Christmas when I was 10, now it seems like it's every month.

Also strange how more and more I see my father in the mirror.

But happy birthday Manx ....... stay 69.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Happy Birthday. Going to see about blowing my Keto diet all to hell this week by having my wife take a shot at making one of those desserts you described.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just for those of you who enjoy the finer things in life.... THIS...

·
Banned
1,582 Posts
HBD Tom. I'll skip the trifle, but I'll toast a dirty martini your way.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
Well I've reached yet another milestone in life.. 69 today..!! As someone suggested to me that's just three 23rd birthdays.. ha, ha. So, to celebrate the occasion, tonight I will be partaking of a rather large bowl of trifle..

It's a British staple really. Large bowl, lined with sponge cake, jello and fruit and topped with custard and a layer of cream. My blood sugar levels will be through the roof tomorrow, but I care not tonight..

I got a very nice photo scanner, it's sitting humming away alongside my desk. Excellent results scanning 120 roll film, that I use a lot, but also 35mm negs too. Saves a lot of time and money getting film processed and printed. I just don't have the space to set up a darkroom. So, process film, scan negs, transfer to Photoshop or Lightroom, job done

Stay well, keep safe chaps. :) (y)
Recipe? Pictures?

·
Registered
13,856 Posts
I'm 65, if you would just slow down a little I could catch up to you. Second thought, Keep on a Trucking, Let her rip, and have a ball. Happy Birthday!!

·
Registered
13,856 Posts
I'm 65, if you would just slow down a little I could catch up to you. Second thought, Keep on a Trucking, Let her rip, and have a ball. Happy Birthday!!
Maybe "Let her Rip" wasn't a good catch phrase. I'm finding that "Let her Rip" is not always a voluntary choice....it just happens!!

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
Happy Birthday!!

·
Registered
24,505 Posts
Happy Birthday to you youngster. I turned 80 this year and I refuse to be okder than about 19 or 20. But then again, my body keeps me different.

·
Super Moderator
34,958 Posts
Reactions: ManxTom
1 - 20 of 39 Posts