Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ex-NAVY Son stopped in on his way to Virginia.
He has a Mosin-Nagant M91 and a Maverick 88 he doesn't want anymore due to his job hauling stuff around the country.
I can get them cheap. Says he hasn't hardly fired them.
He said he'll bring them from Las Vegas next trip to our area.

·
Super Moderator
40,714 Posts
I love shooting my Mosin, I like the recoil. I got mine before the price started climbing on them again.

Reactions: G8R8U2

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Son says he'll most likely be back in our area sometime next month.
He said he'll take $200 for both. Seems reasonable.
$100 for the Mosin and $100 for the Mossberg.
He said he paid $60 for the Mosin several years ago and the shotgun was a Christmas present.
And I don't have to pay right away.
He is going to leave them here with me.

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
Tell the ingrate fathers day is almost here and he should give them to you!Just kidding...sort of.
I paid $175 for a used(looks new)maverick 88 last week so $200 is a good deal by any standard.Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I love shooting my Mosin, I like the recoil. I got mine before the price started climbing on them again.
Me too; got my Mosin back in 2011 when there were still some available in very good condition... got it for $109 shipped, complete with sling, 4 ammo pouches, bayonet, oil can, etc..

Despite tens of millions of those having been produced, it looks like the popularity and mad rush to get them has wiped out the supply of truly good ones.

Congrats to the OP; that'd be a great deal for those 2 guns, especially considering you know the previous owner and their usage history.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't know when my Son will be bringing the rifle and shotgun, but I was in town today so I stopped at the pawn shop.
Bought one box of Tulammo 7.64X54R for $14 with tax.
Berdan primed, but I just wanted something to shoot when he gets here.

Ammunition Bullet Gun accessory

They had plenty of it, maybe another 7 or 8 boxes.

·
Super Moderator
40,714 Posts
Don't know when my Son will be bringing the rifle and shotgun, but I was in town today so I stopped at the pawn shop.
Bought one box of Tulammo 7.64X54R for $14 with tax.
Berdan primed, but I just wanted something to shoot when he gets here.

View attachment 54696

They had plenty of it, maybe another 7 or 8 boxes.
Haven't tried the TulAmmo in mine, I broke down and bought the 880 round crate from Sportsman Guide with the 10 or 20% off and free shipping. I usually only shoot 10-20 rounds per range session so it should last me a long time. The corrosive primers don't bother me I just use a cleaning rod and a patch soaked in Windex when I'm done shooting. May have to pick up another one just to have.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts