1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
19,742 Posts
Now, why would a Georgia dude go all the way to Illinois to shoot himself? I hope there is more to the story and it gets followed up upon.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
179 Posts
Man that’s a good question. Maybe he wanted to go somewhere where he knew there was absolutely no way anybody he knew would witness it.

·
Registered
36,301 Posts
Damn well IF you were familair with Riverdale , Georgia (Clayton County) you might better understand the reasoning behind this?
as There are some 3 -4 indoor pistol/rilfe ranges within 10-15 miles of Riverdale it makes one wonder why he would go to illinois to do this?
Heck my regular hangout range is only about 10-15 minutes south of Riverdale.
obviously something set him off?

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Talked to the SIL last night and he admitted by store policy whoever was on duty screwed up. They should have never rented a gun.

·
Super Moderator
19,742 Posts
^^^^^^^
This is an even better question. If you show up at the indoor range near me, you get ID’d and if you have never shot there you are required to sit through a 10 minute safety video. And, even if you’re a regular you have to “re-up” your shooting privileges every 12 months by watching it again. And your DL is held at check-in and you get it back AFTER paying for your range session. And these procedures are for whether you rent a gun or bring your own.

Not sure what the requirements are to shoot in Illinois; do you have to present your FOID card to shoot your own/rent a gun?

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Policy at the indoor range I shoot at they will not rent to you if you come in alone and did not bring a gun with you. If you brought a gun in they will rent. Another range in the next town down from me in Illinois will not rent if you are not a resident, that is even posted on their sign board.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Almost forgot but I shoot in Illinois regularly because the closest range to me is in Illinois and all I need do is show my DL because Wisconsin doesn't have an FOID. Once a year I do need to sign a Terms of use and liability wavier.

·
Super Moderator
36,036 Posts
That clerk might be messed up mentally for a while. The incidence of people stepping in front of trains has increased here also.

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
This is sad. But unfortunately it happens.
I have known 2 who did this. Both were going through a divorce. Its a terrible thing.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well twice in the past month I have had to drive off the road to avoid getting creamed head on. Sad as it may be thinking if you want to end your life then go ahead. Just do not involve someone else or take them with you! I'm in no hurry to get to End of Life!

·
Super Moderator
36,036 Posts
Well twice in the past month I have had to drive off the road to avoid getting creamed head on. Sad as it may be thinking if you want to end your life then go ahead. Just do not involve someone else or take them with you! I'm in no hurry to get to End of Life!
Bad as I am, I was hoping that this guy paid attention to all of the OTHER rules of firearm safety when he decided to do himself in.

·
Registered
36,301 Posts
Policy at the indoor range I shoot at they will not rent to you if you come in alone and did not bring a gun with you. If you brought a gun in they will rent. Another range in the next town down from me in Illinois will not rent if you are not a resident, that is even posted on their sign board.

interesting and strange for these parts!
My local hangout its IF you are not a member then you read the range rules, then you sign a notice that you understand and follow the range rules, you present a drivers license (to prove age), and you must be 21 to use the range by yourself or have a adult with you to either shoot or rent a weapon.
IF the clerk is at all suspicious of your abilities to handle a firearm then they may quiz you and you may be rejected from using the range until you are accompanied by an experienced adult shooter or you present proof that you have taken and passed a gun safety course.
they rent quite a few weapons to those that do not have a weapon with them, especially ladies where the husband is trying to get them into shooting.

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
South Korea is or is close to being the suicide capital of the world. They don't use guns much as they don't have access unless in the military or police. They like jumping off bridges or buildings, Carbon Monoxide, hanging, train tracks, auto wrecks, knives, self-immolliation, and others. They have internet suicide support groups and they do a good bit of group suicides too. If there is a will .....

·
Registered
36,301 Posts
South Korea is or is close to being the suicide capital of the world. They don't use guns much as they don't have access unless in the military or police. They like jumping off bridges or buildings,
Reminds me quite a lot about here right after President Trump got elected, you know the Democrats that did NOT leave for Canada!
WE had a automobile insurance rate increases due to all the damage done to cars from Dems jumping off bridges here and landing on them!

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts