Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife and I have been ever since before we even got the permits (which are mostly redundant in AZ), but my experience the other day led me, and the wife, to a full-out open carry walkaround at the WallyWorld. Only noticed 1 lady eyeing the wife's hip, but then went back to her cellphone conversation. No real difference in anyone's behavior. I always smile and nod when someone makes eye contact anyway, and polite "excuse me's" when I'm in someone's path. Cashier didn't seem to notice or care. Mine was actually in an IWB AG holster, but the shirt was tucked behind, so the grip was clearly visible. The wife's was OWB Don Hume lefty. We were prob there about 30 min inside, never a single issue.

Cool.

·
Banned
15,276 Posts

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Congrats but I don't want anyone knowing my business nor do I want a thug disarming me for a free weapon. JMHO.

·
Supporting SuperModerator
14,939 Posts
I often open carry.

The only place anyone has ever said any thing to me was in an LGS.

Go figure

·
Super Moderator
40,495 Posts
Sounds like a good open carry day, congrats!

Reactions: Panda

·
22,299 Posts

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Arizona, you no longer need a permit for any kind of carry, but they are still available. In Indiana, need a permit, but covers both concealed and open carry.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Good job! The only ones that would raise a fuss are the gayliberalpetacommievegatairianaholes anyway....

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
congrats! open carry is my preference. you will meet more pro gunner/anti OC people than you will meet anti gunners. or may the pro gunners/anti OC people are just more vocal.

Creek

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sounds like a good day. I can't OC in SC at all (dang it). I would only do it on very rare occasions, but it would be nice to have the option.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
When open carry became the law of the land here in Mississippi no gun signs went up in a whole lot of places. Now the signs are disappearing and it seems that I see less people doing so than when the law first passed. At first I open carried most of the time but my son has lectured me endlessly not to because as he puts it some thug could easily disarm an old fart like me. I still do it when I want to just because I can and if he sees me I get the same lecture. It's nice knowing that he cares.

·
Registered
24,602 Posts
Carry safe, carry often, and carry on.

·
Registered
4,826 Posts
Outstanding BrotherB.
Maybe we'll get a chance to do that in Texas one day.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Very nice! I carry OWB with a cover garment most of the time now. I've considered OC, but since I usuallyhave my 3yr old daughter with me, I've decided I want to avoid any interaction with LEOs. For a supposedly pro gun state, WV FOP and Sheriffs Associations are not real fond of ones right to exercise the 2nd Amendment.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts