Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings fellow PT-1911 owners. I am a new owner of a PT-1911 RA. It is my first 1911 and I am in LOVE. I don't know how I ever got along with out one. My question is this...Does anyone have a suggestion for a concealment/off-duty holster for this gun? I have had some difficulty finding a holster that won't cost me $150. I even had to "mold" my safariland duty holster so it would fit. I was previously carrying an S.A. XD .45. It was an inconsistent shooter, to say the least. With my new PT1911, I shot a 100% on my first qualification with it, something I hadn't been able to do with my XD! Yee Ha. Extremely pleased. I have shot about 1200 rounds through it w/ no hiccups. I did have one slight problem when the slide failed to lock back after the last round was fired, but that only happened once. I am extremely pleased with it. I look forward to hearing what everyone has to say, and thank you in advance for your responses.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
jwood775 said:
I was previously carrying an S.A. XD .45. It was an inconsistent shooter, to say the least. With my new PT1911, I shot a 100% on my first qualification with it, something I hadn't been able to do with my XD!
WOW!!!---You are the first person I have ever heard that from. Unfortunately, my Dept. issues the Glock 22 so I cannot carry my XD. However, I have shot quals with it on the range and have been 100% every time.

As far as a holster goes, check this site out. I get all my personal equipment from here:

http://www.copsplus.com/beltpaddleholsters.php

1 - 3 of 3 Posts