Taurus Firearm Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in need of an OEM Recoil Spring assy for the PT-111 G2. I may need to send mine in to taurus for a repair.

I moved earlier this year and had mine in a box somewhere. Which, I can't seem to find.

I have a Lakeline assy in it now. I don't think Taurus will be too keen on doing a warranty repair if I don't have the OEM assy.

So, I anyone has one you'd be willing to part with, please let me know.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PM Sent...…...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Edin, If you dont mind me asking what happened with the G2 that will require sending it in? I have a G2C so I'm curious.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Edin, If you dont mind me asking what happened with the G2 that will require sending it in? I have a G2C so I'm curious.
Pistol is three years old with 3000+ rounds through it. Starting to get an occasional soft strike. So, I'm going to send it in and let them have a look at it.

I suspect that they'll have it for quite a few weeks. I have a 45 I can carry. And, there's a gun show here next weekend. May find a deal on a new PT-111 G2 there.

Never hurts to have more than you need. :)

Reactions: CaptainMorgan

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Pistol is three years old with 3000+ rounds through it. Starting to get an occasional soft strike. So, I'm going to send it in and let them have a look at it.

I suspect that they'll have it for quite a few weeks. I have a 45 I can carry. And, there's a gun show here next weekend. May find a deal on a new PT-111 G2 there.

Never hurts to have more than you need. :)
Would wait to send it to Taurus. Get your factory RCA and run your G2 with it and see if problem goes away. I had same problem with Lakeline RCA.

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
When is the last time you cleaned the firing pin channel?......................

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all,

I have someone sending me an assembly.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ed, just call up Taurus and they'll send you an entire recoil assembly for free. I called for just the recoil spring on my PT709 and they sent me an assembly (both recoil springs + metal guide rod) in about four days, no cost.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Ed, just call up Taurus and they'll send you an entire recoil assembly for free. I called for just the recoil spring on my PT709 and they sent me an assembly (both recoil springs + metal guide rod) in about four days, no cost.
That's if they have them in stock. If not have to wait months for the canoe from Brazil.

·
Administrator
40,573 Posts
That's if they have them in stock. If not have to wait months for the canoe from Brazil.

Thank you for that very helpful comment.:dry:

And with that, and having the OP's issue resolved, this thread is closed.

Reactions: jwc007
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.