1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
276 Posts
Very odd... I wonder how "hot" those items might be? Not saying they are though. ;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have always thought that these are firearms from police evidence rooms. Some private company melting the fame and selling the parts.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I emailed him, but haven't gotten a response yet...

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
That is strange. I'm interested in the response.

Steelheart

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In my email I offered to purchase the entire pistol in part form if he still had the frame. Wonder if buying one in parts form would void the warranty?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wondered that too?

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you'll notice at the bottom of the page there are several other brands of firearm listed by the same seller, I doubt if it's anything hot. More likely leftovers from police confiscations. I could be wrong.

·
Registered
71 Posts
With the 24/7 the part that is considered the firearm is the aluminum slide that sits in the grip. The plastic grip is just that a hunk of plastic. Numbered barrels are cool but they mean nothing to the ATF.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No I never heard back from him, but it could be an email glitch and not a lack of response from him, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. The auction claims it includes everything shown in the picture, but also says it does not include serialized receiver? One of the oddest gun auctions I have run across.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have sent an e-mail and received one back stating that the serialized receivers have been destroyed and are not available. i was looking for a grip frame (which on the taurus is not the receiver) that had a rail for my mil-pro. seems on the up and up. just my 2 cents.

also he used to sell on e-bay before this last policy change.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Damn I forgot about this thread. I received an email from him to explaining basically the samething.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nope. I think it is some kind of police auction item or something like that. I once knew a LEO that stripped out federal D-mills before destroying them and selling the parts in Shotgun news.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts