Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I want to say that I'm new here, and I love the forum! But anyway, I got a tuarus 38 today. I'm having trouble identifying it. It's a tuarus 38 special with a 4 inch barrel and it's 6shot. All it says for the model number is 387 with a "U" above it. I want to know how old it is, and it's value. I can't find anything out about it, so I was wanting to see what y'all can come up with. Thanks in advance -brandon

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Hello and Welcome from the Rust Belt USA.... Can you post some pictures? I'm sure there is someone here that can help you if you do....

1.1 USA.gif

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
Welcome from East Texas to the best gun forum on the internet.

If the link Slakev provided does not work you can call Taurus CS at 305-624-1115. Give them your serial number and they can tell you all about it.

Good luck!

·
32,659 Posts
A might better yet is this:
This is the new Taurus Customer Service number at 1-800-327-3776.It's been around for a while. You don't pay a dime.

Tell CS what your serial number is and they can help.

Taurus makes so many differernt version of revolvers with 4 inch barrels that without pics it's hard to help.

Do not give us the full serial number for your own peace of mind and security reasons.

Some wag may come along and do this in a post.
:nopics: It'll be in fun.

Where are my manners?!

Welcome to the forum. :)

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Gunrunner pic's didn't seem to work. Can you give some more descriptive details on your 6 shooter? Does it have adjustable sights, a heavy barrel, etc.?

Coop

Model 80?

·
32,659 Posts
Something sounds just a bit odd. There's no reaslon why the pictures shouldn't be put in a post in a public forum.

There's no need for PMing about this when these boards are here for anyone to put evidence up.

Unless there is something amiss with the pictures.

Just saying.

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
. . . I got a tuarus 38 today. I'm having trouble identifying it. It's a tuarus 38 special with a 4 inch barrel and it's 6shot. All it says for the model number is 387 with a "U" above it.
I don't know all the Taurus models, but a typical 6-shot .38 Special is a model 82. Some are old style without the barrel lug and some are newer with the barrel lug. Does it look like one of these older models?

Taurus Model 82 38 Special 6 shot 4" revolver : Revolvers at GunBroker.com

or one of these newer models?

NIB TAURUS MODEL 82 .38 special 4" DA BLUE 6rd F/S 2-820041 >> FREE SHIPPING >> END OF YEAR LAYAWAY AVAILABLE !!!!! Taurus Pistols/Revolvers > Revolvers for sale, gun classifieds or gun auction from UNIONOUTFITT. Buy or bid on this NIB TAURUS MODEL 8

1 - 20 of 30 Posts