Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just noticed Bud's had these for $350 (In Lex). I like the Desert Tan lower and was considering a OD Glock 23 but they are going for as much as $600. The Taurus is obviously the better deal I am really considering getting one in 40 S&W only.

Taurus 24/740T-15 40S OSS DS/BL $345.00 SHIPS FREE

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
You'll find very few places that will have the OSS priced any lower.

That's an extremely good price on the OSS.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I wish Taurus only made a couple of models. I'm a sucker for 45s and the the Black/Blued OSS for $339 has been making me crazy. I didn't need to see this post as it makes it worse.

I
think that is about as cheap as it gets.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Its a no brainer!! If I had the money Id buy another OSS in 40 or 45 in a heartbeat, my OSS 9mm needs a brother!! lol

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Better get them now, because when they are gone, they are gone. It's one of the discontinued models and they are at close out prices now.

·
35,996 Posts
I wish Taurus only made a couple of models. I'm a sucker for 45s and the the Black/Blued OSS for $339 has been making me crazy. I didn't need to see this post as it makes it worse.

I
think that is about as cheap as it gets.
And...from the flawless performance of my Taurus 24/7 OSS .45 ACP, I'd say it's about as "good as it gets" too!:thumb:

·
35,996 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
At $323 for the 12-shot, I had to buy it. You guys are going to break me with all these ideas and suggestions! Bought a number of spare mags for it as well in that it has been discountinued.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have been craving another poly-gun, I want the five inch barrel since I wont be concealing this. Bud's is sold out of the .40 S&W...all the have is the .45ACP. I wish if good just buy them all, anyone want to donate? I don't want to spend more than $400 and I would rather have a brand new Taurus instead of a police refurbished Glock 22 with holster wear.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bud's does not have the OSSes in any calibers left. I bought 1 of their last .45's.
Are you sure, the website says they still have the .45 ACP in stock?

·
Registered
18 Posts
These seem to be popping up and disappearing. A week ago the only way to order the OSS was to join the VIP club (@$25) first. I figured they were about out of stock for good, so I joined to order a second OSS. Then they were out of stock for a few days, now they're back again at the regular price and no need to join the VIP first. It's kind of annoying they seem to be playing games with this model, but the price is still sooo low that I really can't complain. Anybody on the fence should jump in now.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well, the 45 OSS is no longer listed for sale at Bud's. I wonder if they got a few returns, relisted them, and sold them. A few days ago, Bud's had the stainless OSS in 9mm that was posted for only a few hours before it disappeared again. I'm glad I got mine when I did, now I need to get out and shoot them!

·
Registered
117 Posts
These seem to be popping up and disappearing. A week ago the only way to order the OSS was to join the VIP club (@$25) first. I figured they were about out of stock for good, so I joined to order a second OSS. Then they were out of stock for a few days, now they're back again at the regular price and no need to join the VIP first. It's kind of annoying they seem to be playing games with this model, but the price is still sooo low that I really can't complain. Anybody on the fence should jump in now.
Yep, that's how I had to get mine, join the vip club! Still an awesome deal for a great gun though :guns:

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Of course Bud's comes out with something like this a month or so after I bought my Ruger SR40! I don't regret buying it -- it's a great pistol, but if I had seen an OSS in my favorite caliber for $70 less than I paid for the SR -- well, I would likely be a OD OSS .40 owner now!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts