Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I read this odd CNN story; in it Obama claims Michelle was mistaken for a Target employee by a customer (who must have been a racist; you just HAVE to be black to work at Target, don't you know that, silly?) and he was mistaken for a valet?

It's just bizarre. How could anyone write this dreck, or take anything that guy says as a "news story" when there's no record of it or it's not on camera? He's a politician who spend a sizable portion of his day finding ways to exploit racial division in this country. If he were the Devil, he couldn't do more to mess up the progress of good in this nation, I swear!

·
22,034 Posts
Wow. I've been mistaken as an employee once or twice in a store. Guess I'm a victim of racism. I mean, there can't possibly be any other explanation, can there?

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
this event happened several yrs ago. she did not consider it racist back then, in fact, she said "I felt so good":

"I have to tell you something about this trip though. No one knew that was me. Because a woman actually walked up to me, right –I was in the detergent aisle– and she said, I kid you not, she said ‘Excuse me, I just have to ask you something.’ And I thought cover’s blown. She said, ‘Can you reach on that shelf and hand me the detergent?’ I kid you not. And the only thing she said–I reached up cause she was short–I reached up and pulled it down. She said ‘Well, you didn’t have to make it look so easy.’ That was my interaction. I felt so good…She had no idea who I was. I thought as soon as she walked up I looked my–I was with my assistant–and I said this is it. It’s over. We’re going to have to leave; she just needed the detergent." - Michelle Obama to David Letterman, March 2012

And the other woman was shorter.

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
Yes, but, back then, they were neither one grasping at straws to "prove" their solidarity, and victim hood, with the feral humans of Ferguson, and the right reverend race-mongers Sharpton, Jackson, and Farrakhan. I'm 6-03", and I routinely am asked by truly short little old ladies is I can reach something on the top shelf at our Kroger. How is that racist? Then again, I've been mistaken for a cop, and for an employee at various gun stores, as well. Think I could get the race-mongers, or the acting president to take action for relief for me? After all, by the definition given by these pieces of human excrement, I've suffered repeated examples of racism. Fact is, SEVERAL of the initiators of requests for help in both venues were BLACK. Isn't that all that's necessary? ;)

Odd, we used to consider that as being polite, or even sensible. I must be a fool, as I'll probably continue to get such requests, and simply hand them the item, or direct the others to actual employees of the LGS. My bad. :D

·
Registered
18,577 Posts
So I read this odd CNN story; in it Obama claims Michelle was mistaken for a Target employee by a customer (who must have been a racist; you just HAVE to be black to work at Target, don't you know that, silly?) and he was mistaken for a valet?

It's just bizarre. How could anyone write this dreck, or take anything that guy says as a "news story" when there's no record of it or it's not on camera? He's a politician who spend a sizable portion of his day finding ways to exploit racial division in this country. If he were the Devil, he couldn't do more to mess up the progress of good in this nation, I swear!
The only thing obama could possibly be mistaken for, would be a wingnut.

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
Who cares? He's been mistaken as a president for the past 6.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Maybe michelle was asked to help get something off a shelf because she was taller than the other person...?

thats not racist, if anything, its.... height-ist.
Been there done that.. At 6'6" I get asked quite a bit. I'm white
and I've been mistaken for a lot of things too. Never thought
of it as being racist.

If he's been mistaken as a valet he might want to consider
why people don't care to know who the person occupying
the Whitehouse is.

Just can use the word President when referring to ......... him.

Stories like this and comments from HIM are not about
racism.They're about stirring the pot. He knows what he's
doing.

All the Best,
D. White

Reactions: WoodyUSSLUCE

·
Administrator
35,165 Posts
Yep. I've twice now been at Frys Computers, and had somebody walk up to me and start asking questions. I was so offended. :icon_rolleyes:

I play basketball poorly too. But, if people assume because I'm a tall white guy, that I suck as a basketball player, is that racist? :D

·
Registered
18,577 Posts
I can't see michelle being mistaken for an employee. I saw a pic of her in target and she'd fit right into one of those "women of Walmart" pictorials or vids.

Reactions: darbo

·
Registered
18,577 Posts

·
Registered
6,183 Posts
I call BS on this, and anything those two losers say. Also, how could anybody be stupid enough to hand your car keys to obamma ?? She might be confused with part of the cleaning crew, and he might be mistaken as a caddy, but otherwise they're unfit for anything.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
He's been impersonating a potus, so what?

Reactions: kschilk

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
My wife and I talked about mrs. Obamas target experience. We both talked about people asking us for help but neither of us felt it was due to the fact we were black and expected to help. True there are some who clutch a purse or when I hold the door open, never even look at you or say thanks. We've come to to conclusion that some people are just scared by nature. Some are just jerks.we don't care if you don't like us due to color because you are missing out on some of the nicest people you will ever meet.

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
I can't picture michelle in a Target store, and I sure can't picture anyone thinking baarrraacck had a job. I mean, he's lived off taxpayers all his life.
Leave out the highlighted, oh never mind. Probably not acceptable prose.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts