Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Administrator
39,728 Posts
I didn’t even pay that much for the new set of dies and base plate I bought recently for my press.:oops:
I can’t figure gouging when retailers are selling every item they have instantly.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
6,219 Posts
I've got the same thing in 38/357 mag, 30 carbine, and 45ACP that I'll sell for the same bargain price, but I'll pay for shipping.

·
Super Moderator
17,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Super Moderator
17,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn’t even pay that much for the new set of dies and base plate I bought recently for my press.:oops:
I can’t figure gouging when retailers are selling every item they have instantly.
There's a set of old-school steel dies (not carbide) that's been bid up to $81 so far. That's nuts.

·
Administrator
39,728 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
After paying those super inflated prices for a die set. You have an expensive paper weight unless you have powder, primers, and bullets on hand. Around here, components are never in stock.

·
Registered
14,812 Posts
you could easily triple the price if you add a box of 100 SPPs to the deal.

Reactions: cassrh

·
Super Moderator
17,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SOLD!!! for $152.50. Plus shipping. Good gravy.

·
Super Moderator
36,055 Posts
After paying those super inflated prices for a die set. You have an expensive paper weight unless you have powder, primers, and bullets on hand. Around here, components are never in stock.
I wonder if the buyer even knows what else is needed to handload.

Reactions: DeltaBravoKS

·
Registered
873 Posts
I spent $90 bucks on a set of dies for 45acp today. I have lpp, powder and projectiles. I dont know squat about reloading, but am reading the book on setting up the press.so, like many, I'll learning the process to feed my shooting habit.
Hope I don't screw this up.

·
Administrator
35,309 Posts
That is just crazy. I am buying a set of dies for the regular price of $45 or so, and I just bought a small base sizer die for about $25 off of Amazon. Panic and desperation is correct, stupidity is also a possibility if they don't bother to shop around.

·
Registered
27,337 Posts
I think the trick is to be patient. There must be places that allow backorders... or maybe not.

EDIT: There are. I went and checked my favorite accessory site and they are taking backorders. Although, in all fairness, they don't carry the Lee Loader. But a 4-die carbide set from Lee is available for $47.89. Someday.

·
Super Moderator
17,716 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I spent $90 bucks on a set of dies for 45acp today. I have lpp, powder and projectiles. I dont know squat about reloading, but am reading the book on setting up the press.so, like many, I'll learning the process to feed my shooting habit.
Hope I don't screw this up.
The good news is they last forever. That's high but that's what we're dealing with these days. If you need any help or have any questions the reloading forum is there to help!

·
Administrator
35,309 Posts
I'm trying to find some 308 Winchester dies right now and I thought I had a line on some, but they're out and everybody else is too except for the gougers. I'll wait. I'll run across them at some point, for normal price. No hurry.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts