Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's a video of a NYC cop going completely batsh!7 crazy at an Uber driver for having the unremitting gall for honking his horn at him.

In cell phone footage sent to the New York Daily News, an alleged plainclothes NYPD cop is seen yelling at an Uber driver in an apparent parking dispute that escalates into the officer shouting xenophobic remarks.The video, purportedly recorded Monday afternoon in the West Village, was taken by a passenger after the unidentified police officer starts tearing into the Uber driver. From thevideo's description on YouTube:
Police abuse of Uber driver in New York City. In an unmarked car, the policeman was allegedly attempting to park without using his blinker at a green light. (His reverse lights weren't on. Likely double parked without hazards on.) The Uber driver pulled around and gestured that he should use his blinker, casually and non-offensively, and kept driving us. The policeman aggressively pulls up behind us and this is what happens.
"I don't know what fucking planet you think you're on right now!" the cop can be seen and heard shouting at the driver before walking off. The driver's passengers tell him they're recording the incident, and one assures him, "Listen, it's not your fault. This guy's just a dick."
The three talk for about 90 seconds before the cop returns and appears to get angrier (at about the 2:00 mark in the clip above). "I don't care what you have to say! Do you understand that? People are allowed to park their cars on the side of the street without your interference, and then your opinion about what's going on," the officer screams.
The driver can be heard trying to apologize before he's cut off again by the cop: "Especially when the person you do it to are the police!" The officer then asks the driver, who has a noticeable accent, "How long have you been in this country?"
He then explains, "The only reason you're not in handcuffs and going to jail and getting summonses in the precinct is because I have things to do. That's the only reason that's not happening." And just before handing the driver a ticket and storming off, he shouts, "Because this isn't important enough for me. You're not important enough."
When the Daily News called to inquire about the video, they were told "the department was unaware of the video"—police followed up later and said the video is under investigation by NYPD Internal Affairs.
What an arrogant bully and asshole! Could stuff like THIS be why people of every stripe are pissed off at the police?

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
This wasn't police abuse. This was a-hole abuse.

This isn't something that is normal police policy, wouldn't be condoned or sanctioned by the police dept.

This was just some jackass with a holier than though because I am a cop attitude.

Was the cop a big ass who was way, way over the line while being out of line? You betcha.

Was the police dept out of line? Nah, this guy acted roguely.

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
The only reason we hear about it, especially by the apparent A-Hole's occupation, is because he is a cop.

Would it be a big deal if the guy was a butcher ? We all know that every time a butcher acts like an ahole it justifies so many people disliking every butcher they meet.

Reactions: YOT

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
This wasn't police abuse. This was a-hole abuse.

This isn't something that is normal police policy, wouldn't be condoned or sanctioned by the police dept.

This was just some jackass with a holier than though because I am a cop attitude.

Was the cop a big ass who was way, way over the line while being out of line? You betcha.

Was the police dept out of line? Nah, this guy acted roguely.
IF he actually gets punished, then I agree.

The problem lies in how often "rogue police holier than thou jagazz cops" are coddled and protected by their departments. THAT is what makes people suspicious and intolerant of the whole force.

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
IF he actually gets punished, then I agree.

The problem lies in how often "rogue police holier than thou jagazz cops" are coddled and protected by their departments. THAT is what makes people suspicious and intolerant of the whole force.
Funny, I keep hearing people talk about this "protection" generally in relation to articles where it seems not to exist or in cases like Ferguson she Sharpton is unhappy with the results. It usually comes down to " well, I know it happens somewhere" or " I got a ticket once....."

Reactions: scoutfish

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
And the Vatican kept pedophiles in churches, school boards keep bad abusive teachers in classrooms, TSA keeps jerks at the airport, name pretty much any job or career, and you will find jerks and people who keep those jerks employed.

Ummm - Congress ring a bell?

Reactions: kschilk

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
As with any profession, there are a few bad ones who make life difficult for others. This guy has no business being a cop. From another site:

Over A Dozen Complaints Have Been Made Against Ol' Detective Cherry: Gothamist

13 complaints in 14 years.... Might be time for this guy to find another job.
I wouldn't be too concerned about that number until I saw his assignments and his arrest and conviction rates and who filed the complaints. It is standard practice for some lawyers to advise their clients to file a complaint just "pro forma".

Arrested people have the right to file complaints. Some people get downright indignant when they get arrested.

Jim Cirrillo killed almost that many people in that kind of time span. Did that make him bad at his job?

Perspective is important, without it numbers are useless.

The guy may be a knob but just th
ose numbers, by themselves, don't prove it.

Reactions: YOT

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Michael Brown's family filed complaints too. Guess that settles it!

Reactions: kschilk

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
What I really love is when they get suspended WITH pay.

Isn't that called "vacation time" by the rest of us?

·
Registered
8,620 Posts
What I really love is when they get suspended WITH pay.

Isn't that called "vacation time" by the rest of us?
Only if you do not give the the benefit of the presumption of innocence. If you automatically assume a suspension , such as during an investigation, means guilt

If the suspension is SOP in a given situation then it is "in he purse of duty" and therefore paid.

They are still employed by the Department, and as such most likely proscribed from having another job to pay heir bills. Can you imagine the lawsuit if an officer lost his home while under an investigation that completely exhonerated him ?

·
Registered
18,781 Posts
Michael Brown's family filed complaints too. Guess that settles it!
As I understand it, the Uber founders and the Browns were cut from the same cloth....they feel somehow entitled to be above the law. In a regulated industry that requires licensing and certifications, Uber has managed to somehow circumvent the laws, some allege through political lobbying. They've killed three people that I know of, so far and I understand there are multiple incidents reported of their drivers assaulting passengers. The Uber company easily denies all liability of their drivers' actions, since they are not "actual company employees" and are only "logged on to the Uber app" at the time. Common sense will point you to where this is headed if it isn't put down soon. If that isn't enough, watch some more of those Russian dash cam videos.

Pretty much anyone with a car in Russia, is a private taxi service. If you need a ride, you go to the curb and hold your arm out (they don't use the "thumb" like we do). Within' seconds, a car will stop and the driver asks where you want to go. They usually offer a quite reasonable fare and get you there fast because time is money for them. The majority of them drive like maniacs and these are alot of the ones you see on those videos. If this Uber thing keeps up, the Russians will soon be laughing at those crazy American dash cam videos. I'm all for free enterprise but this Uber thing is dirty and dangerous.

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Looks like the police officer is making an honest attempt at atoning for his actions.
He already apologized. Let us wrap this one up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.