Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I specifically put the words "black man" because that is what the protesters are primarily upset about. Yes it turned out he was not armed with a gun but the cops didn't know it at the time. I guess the protesters want the police to get shot first and maybe get injured or killed before they defend themselves. :(

NEW YORK — Police officers were "legally justified" in the killing of a mentally disturbed man they said was wielding a piece of pipe like a gun on a New York City street, according to a report on the shooting released Friday.

The review by the office of New York Attorney General Letitia James cleared New York Police Department officers who opened fire on Saheed Vassell in response to reports of an armed man menacing people on the streets of Brooklyn in 2018.
The report said the victim had a history of mental illness, but the officers didn't know about it. It also cited transcripts of 911 calls from witness saying that Vassell was pointing an object that appeared to be a pistol.

Security videotape released by police shortly after the incident showed the 34-year-old man raising the object in a two-handed shooting stance moments before officers unleashed 10 shots that left him dead. His weapon turned out to be an L-shaped section of pipe from a welding tool.
The killing sparked unrest by protesters saying it was another example of an unarmed black man dying at the hands of police officers.

https://www.whio.com/news/national/...-nyc-man-called-legal/l6C6j8fdvttvIIW84eeeqK/

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
Begin riot in 3... 2....

·
Registered
37,050 Posts
well seems like the logical thing to do is to begin training Police as plumbers , then they can recognize a pipe before shooting a innocent man trying to get his life turned around.
Plus that really doesn't look like a tactical Pipe anyway!
WOW what is so hard to understand about IF I threaten someone carrying a gun on them I may get shot?
Rule #2 in "Don't bring a knife to a gun fight" is "don't bring a pipe to a gun fight"!

Reactions: Zylo_X and Rossi

·
Registered
164 Posts
Probably the main reason the cop didn't get railroaded is the other people already thought it looked enough like a gun to CALL IT IN. People want a cop with a gun to come and do his job, then protest because he did it. 10 shots?--couldn't he have just shot the pipe out of the guys hand? (sarcasm)

·
Registered
15,349 Posts
I'm not expecting much as far as rioting. The people of NY will put up with it until it inconveniences them then they'll put down the rioting.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
37,050 Posts
New York needs to tighten down on its Pipe carrying restrictions for sure!
just about the time that you think you have everything that could possibly be dangerous outlawed somebody comes up with something new!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts