Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37,946 Posts
WOW!
now thats just chincey-- this day in time and with the number of magazines that a Gun Manufacture buys at mass wholesale a 1911 mag must cost what 6-7 bucks?
and of course with a Officers model the buyer isn't likely to need more than 1 mag with all that capacity!

·
Registered
955 Posts
+1 for Mec Gar and Wilson Combat 1911 mags. specifically the 8 rounders. My friend just bought a Ruger Security 9 and it came with only one magazine. My thoughts would be it's a way to maintain margins by providing less product for the price and a way to manage supply chain issues so they have more mags. to sell and ship.

Reactions: DeltaBravoKS

·
Super Moderator
41,287 Posts
+1 for Mec Gar and Wilson Combat 1911 mags. specifically the 8 rounders. My friend just bought a Ruger Security 9 and it came with only one magazine. My thoughts would be it's a way to maintain margins by providing less product for the price and a way to manage supply chain issues so they have more mags. to sell and ship.
Shrinkflation, but actually I began seeing it before our politicans threw our economy in the toilet . Like said, it helps the manufacturer or distributor hit a lower price point to make the advertisement more attractive . Then oftentimes they can be the seller of additional for more profit. I don't know anybody who has only one magazine unless they're unobtainable .

·
Registered
37,946 Posts
Mean while here in Turkey (and imported to the USA) we are providing 3 magazines, a mag loader, a holster and maybe even a mag pouch with our weapons!
and still meeting prices!

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Mean while here in Turkey (and imported to the USA) we are providing 3 magazines, a mag loader, a holster and maybe even a mag pouch with our weapons!
and still meeting prices!
And making darned fine guns, I will say. From shotguns to pistols, I am impressed. For those who don't know, Winchester is having pump shotguns made in Turkey now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts