Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Taurus last October and sent in my application for NRA membership (through Taurus) a few days later. Still no membership card in the mail. Any ideas on who I can check with?

Thanks.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
How was it sent?

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
I sent mine in during December, I have not received the card yet but I have started receiving e-mails from the NRA as well as the "Freedom" magazine. I suspect my card will be in soon. Have you started getting any emails yet?

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
It does take a while for stuff to show up. I signed up in May of last year and didn't get my stuff until nearly my birthday in September. Just give it time, it will be there soon.

·
Administrator
35,116 Posts
When I did mine a couple of years ago, it took about 6 months to get the membership card. If I remember correctly, they save them up and batch mail them to NRA, so it just takes awhile to get everything processed I guess.

·
Registered
5,164 Posts
Yeah, and once you get your membership, don't worry, they'll give you plenty of notice of expiration. My membership date is May. I already have gotten renewal notices. The NRA could save a lot of money if they cut back a little on the junk mail. Just my two centavos.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Once you recieve emails/calls you can call the NRA and get your number if you need it for joining a club/range or something like that. If you number isnt ready that sometimes helps expedite the process.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
I've been an NRA member for quite a while, and I'll bet I could fill a dumpster with all the stuff they've sent me. And then there's the email!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone

·
Registered
304 Posts
I too went through Taurus for my NRA membership. Submitted mine in October like you and received my card right after Christmas.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
...The NRA could save a lot of money if they cut back a little on the junk mail...
I wish all companies would do away with junk mail.

Some days, that's all we get in our mailbox.

·
Registered
548 Posts
They say 6-8 weeks so I figure around 10-12 weeks when you figure it has to go through Taurus first then to the NRA.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Wife sent her application in in November and I sent mine in December. I'm already getting the emails but no magazine or membership card. Wife hasn't even gotten any emails. I emailed NRA customer service a week ago but still no reply.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I just called NRA and asked for my membership number. The representative gave me my number and said my membership expires 1/2013. She informed me that I was given an associate membership which is a $10 value and gives no rights or magazine. My wife also got her number and an associate membership

The Taurus free membership offer claims the membership is a "$35 value" and has you select a magazine and type of membership. I wonder if Taurus or the NRA is pulling something. NRA offered me an extended year for just $25 and the same to my wife. They also asked my wife if she'd like to donate. I'll be on the phone to Taurus tomorrow

1 - 20 of 30 Posts