Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
And the hits on the NRA keep coming.
And I support Mr. Dell'Aquila in this pursuit.
The light of day needs to be shown on Wayne Lapierre's expenditures that have been overlooked for decades by the NRA.
I can just hear my old friend saying, "And this is what your lifetime membership just bought. How does that support the second amendment?"
I'll go pop some popcorn and wait for the NRA fanboys to comment on this.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
And the hits on the NRA keep coming.
And I support Mr. Dell'Aquila in this pursuit.
The light of day needs to be shown on Wayne Lapierre's expenditures that have been overlooked for decades by the NRA.
I can just hear my old friend saying, "And this is what your lifetime membership just bought. How does that support the second amendment?"
I'll go pop some popcorn and wait for the NRA fanboys to comment on this.
I'm no fan boy, but I do think that Wayne deserves a fair hearing. I'm not ready to jump on the band wagon to crucify him - or to desert the organization based on what the media has to say.
The same media has been saying that I have blood on my hands because I'm a member of the NRA.
For some reason that makes me skeptical of anything they have to say about the organization and those connected to it.
The outfit making the allegations is an advertising (a.k.a. PROPAGANDA) agency - one that the NRA gave the boot. They just might have some reasons to smear the NRA too.
I'd think just about anybody who doesn't already have an anti-NRA agenda and bias should be able to see that.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Forming opinions in the absence (in this case, what appears to be a total vacuum) of proof can be dangerous. Allegations of malfeasance and two attorneys-general with openly stated positions hostile to the NRA don't begin to support the charges. Guilty until proven innocent applies only to those who would seize our weapons.

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
For the good of the NRA, he needs to go now. Other allegations have suddenly appeared about purchasing a house in a high end neighborhood. Dona't know the details but they already sound bad. The NRA needs strong leadership now, and Wayne La'Pierre is not it.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I'm no fan boy, but I do think that Wayne deserves a fair hearing. I'm not ready to jump on the band wagon to crucify him - or to desert the organization based on what the media has to say.
BC605 isn't ready to jump on the band wagon, but I'll climb aboard.
With Wayne LaPierre at the helm the NRA has run aground.
I support the NRA, but I think LaPierre has gotta go.

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
At this point it does not matter whether he is right or wrong. Any appearance or perception of corruption must be removed as we go forward in this fight to retain our constitutional rights. Just the perception alone can sink the NRA at this time.

Reactions: Jake3501

·
Registered
24,960 Posts
Just when we have Trump talking about "common sense" gun laws. When you hear common sense gun laws, run towards who is saying it, preparing to fight.
I swear to everyone now, if Trump does this I'll vote for the biggest commie on the ballot. May as well end it quickly.

·
Registered
12,813 Posts

·
Registered
31,903 Posts
In forming an opinion of Mr. Lapierre, I go back to Oliver North resigning his Presidency of the NRA early this year. I have a great deal of respect for Ollie North. Maybe some of you know a reason to doubt him that I am not aware of, please inform me if I am ignorant of Ollie North.

I am sure Ollie saw Mr. Lapierre as extravagant and not being a good steward of the money donated by 2nd amendment supporters.

I would like opinions as to whether I am on base or off base. Maybe there were other reasons Ollie left.

Reactions: 777Driver

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
In forming an opinion of Mr. Lapierre, I go back to Oliver North resigning his Presidency of the NRA early this year. I have a great deal of respect for Ollie North. Maybe some of you know a reason to doubt him that I am not aware of, please inform me if I am ignorant of Ollie North.

I am sure Ollie saw Mr. Lapierre as extravagant and not being a good steward of the money donated by 2nd amendment supporters.

I would like opinions as to whether I am on base or off base. Maybe there were other reasons Ollie left.
Not off-base at all.
I fully concur.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts