Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to an estate Sale this AM found a few items then found a Foldable Work Table with the vice type jaws on the table top. Marked $40 but I offered $15. He wouldn't go for it so I looked around a little more and found an old Daisy NRA Boy Scout Training Air Rifle. Rusted with chunk out of the buttstock and he said it didn't work so I said I would buy the Work Table if he threw in the rifle. I got it home and shot some Break Free into the action and "Bingo" after a few tries it loosened up and it fires like new. Already fixed the buttstock with a slip-on pad so the Grand=Kids have a new rifle when they visit Popa. I love old air rifles.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
So is it like a NRA/ BSA branded Red Ryder bb gun?

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It is a model 142 Daisy Defender . Rear sight flips between the V notch and Peep Sight. I found it needs a few parts like the retaining spring on the ammo tube and front sight needs to be replaced but if I can make a shooter out of it that's all I want.

Reactions: AOCM.RET

·
Banned
15,276 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,505 Posts
Sounds cool. Nice job saving it.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
You'll shoot your eye out with that thing! (Sorry, couldn't resist the movie reference. :) )

So, I came here looking for a picture and I was sorely disappointed. Descriptions are fine, but pictures are divine. :)

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah Yeah Yeah, Sorry about the no pic's but I cleaned it up fixed what needed to be fixed and gave the rifle to my oldest Grandson. Can't think of a better use for a good BB Gun.

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
Sounds like you had a good day! Now that you gave it to your g'son - we need a picture of the young man shooting it! :D

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jeeeze, you folks are going to make me learn to post pic's from my camera. I don't use a Smart Phone, I carry a cell but don't even have the cable to connect it to my computer. See what I can do for our next shooting session but remember I'm technically challenged when it comes to the new cameras and computers. I love to take pictures but I can't give up my 35 MM.

·
Premium Member
11,073 Posts
I don't have a smartphone either, but what my granddaughter told me to do was "text" the picture to my computer email account. She was six at the time.:confused::blush:

Reactions: .452dia

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't have a smartphone either, but what my granddaughter told me to do was "text" the picture to my computer email account. She was six at the time.:confused::blush:

I don't even have Text Options on my phone plan. Talk Only, No Text, No Data about $19 per month.

Reactions: SCHIZOID
1 - 15 of 15 Posts