Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the first two DVD's in this series. I thought the first one was pretty good. The second is also very good if you are new to handling a semi-auto. Any other forum members have opinions on this series?

[Edit] I tried to find a link for this video series on the NRA website. No luck. Maybe this is something new the NRA just came out with? [/Edit]

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
I just got the 2nd DVD, of some series I decided I wanted. I am too lazy to go find the case right now. (actually I just got thru putting away a truck load of horse bedding, cleaning the horse stalls, and such."so maybe I am not being lazy")

·
Registered
444 Posts
ive got the first four discs of that series. I think they are pretty good havent hada chance to watch the fourth one yet. a few of the chapters are a little mundane but overall they give some good things to think about.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rob Pincus said:
Thanks for the Feedback, Vegasguy... Hopefully, you have received the 3rd DVD by now as well and at least equally as happy with the content.

-RJP
You are quite welcome Rob, and welcome to TA. Glad to have you on board.

I have four DVD's to date. The 4th, Extreme Close Quarters Shooting, is my favorite because it covered a lot of ground that I was unfamiliar with. Previous to watching your DVD, I would play out in my mind 'what if' scenarios without considering what I would do if in physical contact with the BG. Without getting into specifics, I thought your training scenarios were excellent.

It is a great series and well worth watching again on a regular basis as a refresher course.

[Edit] For the other TA members who may not be aware, Rob Pincus is 'The Guy' who does the training for all the Valhalla videos. I assume Rob is also the owner of the The Valhalla Training Center.

I recognized Rob's name right away because I dated a woman back in college who's last name was Pincus. :) [/Edit]

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Yes sir, I have thoroughly enjoyed the first 3 DVD's, hopefully after I got the 3rd one paid off they will send me the 4th. (I was going thru my cancer treatments, and got behind on paying bills, but what the heck I always finally pay everyone.)

Rob, did an excellent job on this series that I have seen, gave me much to think about and make my plans to attend a couple locally offered courses, until I can work out attending some of the regional ones.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have the first 4 of these DVDs and have learned a lot from each of them. I would recommend them to anyone interested in personal defense.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks again for the feedback and interest guys... I am glad that the information is valued.

As for:
I assume Rob is also the owner of the The Valhalla Training Center.
I am actually the owner/operator of I.C.E. Training Company. The building that is Valhalla Shooting Club went fully private at the choice of its owners at the end of 2007, so the training programs were spun out into I.C.E.

-RJP

·
Registered
171 Posts
How does one go about obtaining these video's and how much are they??? I am ALWAYS interested in learning something new, expecially if it will someday possibly help save my life!!!

JT

1 - 10 of 10 Posts