Taurus Firearm Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Here we go with the cherry picking again. A couple scientists note cooling temperatures over a period of years, and decide to publish a paper with their findings and opinions as to what might be causing it. 50 years later it is used as a touchstone for anti science far right agenda, and all of the great things, far too numerous to list, that science has done and discovered up to and since is cast aside because an example can be found of an incorrect assumption. Kind of a ridiculous argument to stake a flag in if you even bother to think about it for more than the briefest of moments.... Should I throw all scientific evidence, research, discovery, out of the window because Phillip Morris carted out a few scientists that stated smoking isn't bad for you? I think not.

Here's the thing, there's a whole lot we don't know. Scientists regularly butt heads with one another when trying to figure things out and when a large group of them gather in conference I can assure you it can get just as loud, argumentative and derogatory as anything we see daily in politics. Observation, measure, research, experiment, determining fact, takes time and often requires trial and error to lead to success. Let's not fault the millions of brilliant minds that have greatly contributed to the advancement of the human race because we can sometimes catch them screwing up as that is very much a part of the learning process.
That is the thing. They don't know at this point. Guess on your time not mine. Wearing a mask "may" help slow the spread by 10% -70% Not stop it. Hospitals are not topped again now. This is junk science and a joke. And that is the opinion of some trained professionals and scientist so.... If you know anything about science, ANYTHING !, nothing is give credit or proven for years until its been vetted.
mandate? Pfftt, i'm a Free Man and i can and will make my own decisions. And respect others in theirs. Now i use a mask myself for many reasons. All of those are my reasons and not because of a mandate or what some scientist believes.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Anthropomorphic climate change is causing an increase in gravity.

I can prove this, because the earth is warmer and I'm definitely heavier than I was twenty years ago.

It's SCIENCE!

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Be real nice if scientists actually used science. Unfortunately, money, power and politics interfere with that. Now it's reported that Fauci owns half the new vaccine patent. A majority of scientists worldwide agree HCQ is effective, yet the government is sitting on 100 million privately donated doses. "Science" continually shifts the argument, claiming, "We're learning." Well, they're getting paid as they learn. I'm out scrapping to find a doctor that will actually perform routine medical maintenance while they're "learning." My neighbors are forbidden from working while they're "learning." Apparently, my state unemployment office is "learning" how to pay unemployment claims. This is truly intolerable.

·
Registered
29,717 Posts
I have said from the beginning they never convinced me this was osmething to worry about.

A good article and it is nice to see if posted on NPR, now if it gains traction... the article itself made the point of voices against the narrative being drowned out. Not in those exact words but that was the message I took.

The vast majority of the response to this silly little virus was not warranted in my opinion.

As the historian Paul Johnson has observed, most of the worst events of the 20th century were perpetrated by experts who used collective power to shape world events in a direction they believed was beneficial.
That line right there says it all for me. It is the reason I take everything any "expert" tells me with a grain of salt and suspicion. From doctors, nurses etc (lets face it medicine is an educated guess at best many times), to lawyers (talk to three get 7 different opinions), They guy at the gun counter (sometimes I wonder if they know which end the bullet thingies come out of), etc.

Reactions: CaptainMorgan

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
Believe What You Want
Something to think about….
The US Population is 330,000,000 and in 5 months the number of deaths was 130,000. The number of deaths as a percent of the population is 0.03939 %, compared to the number of cancer cases diagnosed in 2019 (1,762.450) and 607,000 deaths.

This doesn’t seem far fetched because it is happening before our eyes

A very well-orchestrated plan, or an unimaginable set of events that just fell into place ... with the United States front and center. You tell me!!

Scare people with a virus, force them to wear masks and place them in quarantine.

Count the number of deaths every second of every day, in every News Headline. By the way, ninety-nine and eight-tenths of the people who get the virus, recover. About one to two-tenths of one percent who get the virus, die. Most of them have other medical problems. Did you catch that ? Less than 1/2 of a percent die.

Close businesses = 35,000,000+ instantly unemployed.

Remove entertainment and prohibit Recreation; Closing parks, gyms, bars, restaurants, sports.

No dating. No touching. Isolate people. Dehumanize them.

Close Temples and Churches, prohibit worship. Create a vacuum and let depression, anxiety, hopelessness, and desperation set in.

Then... ignite hatred and civil unrest, creating Civil War.

Empty the prisons because of the virus and fill the streets with criminals.

Send in Antifa to vandalize property, as if they are freedom fighters. Undermine the law, Riot, Loot and Attack all Law Enforcement, but tell the government to order a stand-down.

Then... Defund Law Enforcement and abolish Police. We are all being played by those who want to destroy America! This is how you destroy a Nation from within and in a very short order. Will it work, I guess that depends on you and me

·
21,974 Posts
Climatology is firmly based off scientific principles and is some of the more complex science there is because of the vast amount of factors that go into it. Truly incredible and mind boggling amounts of data that requires supercomputing to crunch the numbers, but it is all founded in science just like everything in nature.

https://www.climate.gov/teaching/es...iteracy/essential-principles-climate-literacy

https://climate.nasa.gov/news/2743/the-scientific-method-and-climate-change-how-scientists-know/

https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/
"Founded in science" is meaningless babble.

Those "vast amount of factors" are what mathematicians call a chaotic system. Modeling them is not send-a-man-to-the-moon modeling. It's far, far, FAR more complex. When we put a satellite in orbit, they use ONE model to predict the orbit. Because the science behind it is well understood, and has been nailed down to the eighth decimal place by controlled experiments that eliminate confounding factors. The simple fact that there are so many climate models tells you they aren't doing science.

Slap up all the web sites you want. I've got a B.S., and M.S., I have training in experiment design and data analysis, and every dime I've ever earned has come from scientific work. Climatology is not science.

Reactions: CaptainMorgan

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
"Founded in science" is meaningless babble.

Those "vast amount of factors" are what mathematicians call a chaotic system. Modeling them is not send-a-man-to-the-moon modeling. It's far, far, FAR more complex. When we put a satellite in orbit, they use ONE model to predict the orbit. Because the science behind it is well understood, and has been nailed down to the eighth decimal place by controlled experiments that eliminate confounding factors. The simple fact that there are so many climate models tells you they aren't doing science.

Slap up all the web sites you want. I've got a B.S., and M.S., I have training in experiment design and data analysis, and every dime I've ever earned has come from scientific work. Climatology is not science.
Way better than I could have explained it but most don't understand how the models work and how that isn't science. Simply the lack of having the control aspect and ability to isolate your experiment from other variables to allow the experiment to prove or disprove your theory.

·
Registered
14,608 Posts
The Number of deaths reported in the US attributed to Covid-19 are lies. I don't know how more directly I can state it. The reason the numbers are lies is because medical centers, states and politicians were incentivized to lie about them for a bigger piece of the gov't pie. The biggest identifier was those who died FROM covid-19 (or complications thereof) vs those who died WITH Covid-19. The second lie we're being told is the number of positive cases. It's only partial info so it's meaningless. Let's say we get a report of 10,000+ cases. Ok. How many of those are hospitalized? How many were tested? If you're only testing 15,000 then it's a big deal. If only 2 are hospitalized, maybe not a big deal. If you tested 4.5 million, not a big deal. If 9,000 were hospitalized and 4,000 required a vent, then it's a big deal again.
We are all patsies on the biggest hoax perpetrated against the Citizens of the United States. How willing have we all been; made to give up our freedoms for some temporary security. Think long and hard on that point alone.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts