1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
31,893 Posts
I bet a folding omlette pan would be good for cooking these. What did you use Sarge?

Reactions: Sarge

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A nonstick saute pan. Add some butter anyway for flavoring. Arrange the layers one at a time, salt and pepper each one, put it on, let it sit on low to med heat and ignore until the bottom is nice and golden, flip and do the same for the top. We added a combination of goat cheese, marscapone and fontina in betwen the layers. Drool inducing indeed. The Europeans have a special pan to make these. It has a top and bottom that fit together. Cook so long on one side and flip the pan over. I just used the "egg flip" method. No spatula, just a flick of the wrist and pan.

Sarge

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I'm hungry.

Be back in a little while...

Reactions: whodog and Sarge

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Where is the drool button?

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Needs Bacon!
*grin* We think alike. I may "borrow" some of the bacon my son has in the fridge, slide it in the middle and see how it comes out.

Sarge

Reactions: whodog

·
Super Moderator
36,003 Posts
I'm going to bet that this recipe was concocted by a French Cardiologist! :eek:

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Two words .... Yummy and Lipitor

When asked if margarine could be substituted when a recipe called for butter, Julia Child replied "I don't know what margarine is."

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I miss Julia Child. I always watched the french chef and she is who inspired me too start cooking when I was a kid.

Reactions: ozzy

·
Registered
31,893 Posts
My cooking moods come and go. I've been in one for about six months, hope this one ends shortly as I am becoming rotund!

Reactions: ozzy

·
Super Moderator
26,962 Posts
I miss Julia Child. I always watched the french chef and she is who inspired me too start cooking when I was a kid.
My problem is ...I remember Julia Childs when she was young!

Reactions: ozzy and Willboat

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
She's my next chef to study. I was researching Jacques Pepin (one of my heroes) and kept running into her name. I sort of know about her but decided I needed to know more. Specially since I use some of her quotes. Like "I enjoy cooking with wine, sometimes I even put it in the food I'm cooking."Always remember: If you're alone in the kitchen and you drop the lamb, you can always just pick it up. Who's going to know?", "If it's beautifully arranged on the plate, you know someone's fingers have been all over it." and one of my all time favorites, "The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a 'What the hell?' attitude."

Sarge

Reactions: rodfair

·
Registered
31,893 Posts
I would post pictures of flaked and baked Quail in a sour cream sauce if we still had any quail.

Reactions: Sarge

·
Super Moderator
26,962 Posts
Sarge, when my SIL was doing her Cordon Bleu, one of the guest chefs was JC. At that school, the initials mean the same. But afterwards she was a hoot. Gave out her address and phone number to all students....and answered their calls. Trying to get my SIL to give me some of her recipes.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts