Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I decided and now ordered the Stainless Taurus Tracker; ported heavy
4" barreled 5-shot .44 Mag 34-oz. compact-frame revolver pictured here as Alaska-trip backwoods gun.

I'd have slightly preferred a compromise compact .41 Mag. Titanium but they're not
to be had and after study and feedback the .44 S&W's are just too big,
light, expensive, and no better made.

Alden

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I have one myself. Only have one complaint and that is the lock-up is not as tight as it should be for a .44 Mag wheelgun. Although I shoot mostly specials out of it anyhow.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NYPD...;
I had read that a required custom modification to these gun was to add a ball-detent to the yoke but that is exactly how the gun is now constructed! The lockup, if you are not talking about the cylinder itself, has been a concern of mine and on ones I've examined Taurus didn't bother to use the extractor-rod to aid lockup when the cylinder is closed (some guns have mechanical locks hru he yoke as I think the Raging Bull models might). Any further thoughts? This is not a "shooting" gun, but backup -- still, one needs to practice!!!
Regards
Alden

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase! Like dmanbass, I also have the Tracker in .357 Magnum. Now if I can find one in .22LR I'll be a happy camper. :D

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
It's more like a half moon detent that Taurus uses on the Tracker frames. I'd prefer something similar to Ruger's yoke detent or the Raging Bull front end lock up.

I believe someone on this forum suggested a "Baby Bull". That would be a great product, IMO.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
NYPD;
"Baby Bull." That'd be the new Taurus Veal?!
Thanks again
Alden

1 - 9 of 9 Posts