Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for all the welcomes, but I have a confession to make. I spent several hours yesterday at a big box sporting goods store with my oldest son and handled ( actually fondled ) several PT 1911's and now I have decided that I must have one! The purchase of the 24/7 or OSS will have to be put on the back burner for a short time while I sneak the 1911 past the war department. Why you may ask do I have to sneak a new gun into my own house. In this case it is most likely due to purchasing a new revolver today on the way home from paying our taxes. Sure hope my Uncle Sam doesn't cash my check before the guy at the local gun shop deposits the one I gave him for the .357.
By the way the price for a PT 1911 at Gander Mt. was a whopping $799. I won't be purchasing there for sure but they always have plenty of stuff to look at and touch.
Thanks for all the post re. mods, repairs, tuneups, etc. for the PT 1911, they will sure come in handy for a 1911 virgin like me.
olhogg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the blue one, no rail. It felt really good in my hand and I've wanted a 1911 for a long time.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
800.00 dammmmmm. i think you can get them for around 550.00 or less.but you are making the right choice.to bad you might be in the dog house for a while.but atleast you can take the 1911 with you.

·
Registered
24,960 Posts
olhogg,
yeah, you need one! I just purchased mine a week ago ( $519.00 +tx.) out the door at a local gun show.
Went to pick up the pt1911ss and the pt1911b just called out to me. no ar, no ss, just a 1911b.
A joy to shoot.

a quick thanks to Cimarron for the pictures of field stripping... very helpful.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Great Choice. I love my PT-1911 AR. No problems. And it fits in the Dog House quite nicely. Congrats and Enjpy.

·
Registered
73 Posts
$800? Are you sure that wasn't one of the PT's that have the Crimson Trace laser grips on it? I think it's called the homeland defender or some goofy name.

If not, they're on crack. Not that a PT isn't worth that IMO.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ok so I have ALWAYS wanted a 1911 however I never have the money. When I see people one gun forums that have them for sale or trade I ALWAYS try (never with success). Today I went to see what kind of trade($$) I could get for my XD. While I was waiting for the guy that makes the offers on trades I spotted a RRA 1911 for a good price($300+/-). The guy let me check it out while I waited it was nice but for only a little bit more I could get a PT1911. Well now that I have made you read all of that yes I did get the PT1911 in blue. I will post pics when I get home and a range report asaic.
starshooter231

·
Registered
906 Posts
starshooter231 said:
Ok so I have ALWAYS wanted a 1911 however I never have the money. When I see people one gun forums that have them for sale or trade I ALWAYS try (never with success). Today I went to see what kind of trade($$) I could get for my XD. While I was waiting for the guy that makes the offers on trades I spotted a RRA 1911 for a good price($300+/-). The guy let me check it out while I waited it was nice but for only a little bit more I could get a PT1911. Well now that I have made you read all of that yes I did get the PT1911 in blue. I will post pics when I get home and a range report asaic.
starshooter231
Congratulations starshooter :clap:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Nathan03,

Try Rays Holsters. I got the Sable Holster for my PT1911 AR. He formed it for me in leather for $35.00 plus tax. It looks great and fits great. Can't beat the price. Check it out on Google. You will not be disappointed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts