Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
8,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In my last Judge purchase post, I posited that I might be expressing insanity because of my multiple purchases of Judge revolvers.
http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/j...d-judge-am-i-example-definition-insanity.html

Well be it far from me to alter that diagnosis, so prepare the rubber room and get those shock probes ready, Silverstring has gone full mental:
P6160012.JPG I noticed that Grab-a-gun had this little beauty on sale for $369. With shipping and the transfer fee, my out the door price was $392. It took them 3 days to ship and another 2 days to arrive at my LGS.
P6160013bbb.jpg It is 12.5 inches long, 5.25 inches high, and 1.6 inches wide. This Judge's unloaded weight is 2 lbs 7.4 ounces.The trigger pull is 11.5 ozs DA and 5 lbs SA. The trigger is smooth with just a bit of stacking right before the hammer drops.
P6160010bbb.jpg The last two Judges I bought were as dry as a bone. This one was swimming in factory lube, so did a cleaning and a light lube with Slip 2000. The lockup is very tight on all 5 cylinders, timing is right on. The forcing cone clearance is around .004. I have noticed with the last two Judges it seems like the quality has improved over the Judges I bought in 2014, 2015, and 2016. Like I said earlier I am the definition of insanity. No tooling marks on the inner frame, parts are nice and tight. Doesn't need a polish job , the trigger pull is already smooth.
P6160015bbb.jpg Here it is hangin with my Judge 3 X 3, The long barrel screams for an oversized grip. Trying to decide on a wood creation from our buddy in Asia, or a Pachmayr diamond pro.
P6160019bbb.jpg A different view showing the difference in size. I can't wait to test it out, hopefully I can hide from the chore nazi tomorrow and get both Judges out to play. Range review to come. Thanks for reading my bench review, and come on Dad's tomorrow is the big day. Feed your firearms and let them out to play.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Wait, are you saying this Judge is brand new, as in manufactured in 2017? Also, is it just a trick of the light reflecting off of lube, or does that Judge have a satin finish?

At any rate, she's a beaut! I'm currently waiting on a new Stainless Steel Taurus Judge Magnum I ordered a few days ago to arrive at my favorite gunshop. I can only hope it looks as swell as yours does.

Reactions: silverstring

·
Premium Member
11,071 Posts
The finish on it looks much better than the usual Taurus tacticool black. Congrats on the Father's Day gift, even if it is self gifted.

·
8,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wait, are you saying this Judge is brand new, as in manufactured in 2017? Also, is it just a trick of the light reflecting off of lube, or does that Judge have a satin finish?

At any rate, she's a beaut! I'm currently waiting on a new Stainless Steel Taurus Judge Magnum I ordered a few days ago to arrive at my favorite gunshop. I can only hope it looks as swell as yours does.
The sheen is a light wipe down with Ballistol. I have a microfiber cloth I use with a few squirts of ballistol that I apply to all my firearms once a month. To get the sheen even, I follow up with a light buff with a dry microfiber cloth. This Judges label says it was made May 15th 2017. However I may have been wrong about better quality in these newer Judges. This one will fail to index when shooting SA. It will happen at least once each cylinder, but also failing twice occasionally. DA seems to work fine. I tried two different types of 45LC and failed with both. Debating rather to tear it down and fix the hang or sending it back to Taurus. But I think I will send it back. :(

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Awww, sorry to hear that, that's a real shame... Oh well, at least you can send it in for service, which is most likely the best solution.

I'm still waiting on the arrival of my new Judge Magnum, which hopefully will function perfectly right out of the box. It will be my first Taurus, and I plan on using it for home defense, so it would really be a bummer should it turn out to be faulty and require immediate service.
Out of curiosity, how many of your Judges have required service/repairs so far? Is this a first? Any advice you could give or issues to look for once I have it in my hands?

·
Super Moderator
40,495 Posts
Cool, nothing wrong with multiple Judges.

Reactions: silverstring

·
8,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Awww, sorry to hear that, that's a real shame... Oh well, at least you can send it in for service, which is most likely the best solution.

I'm still waiting on the arrival of my new Judge Magnum, which hopefully will function perfectly right out of the box. It will be my first Taurus, and I plan on using it for home defense, so it would really be a bummer should it turn out to be faulty and require immediate service.
Out of curiosity, how many of your Judges have required service/repairs so far? Is this a first? Any advice you could give or issues to look for once I have it in my hands?
This is the fifth Judge I have owned, and the first one I have had an issue with.

·
8,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just an update. The problem with the cylinder indexing must have been a break in issue. I have now run 4 types of 45lc and shotshells and the problem has not reoccurred. Phew! Don't have to send it back in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts