Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Just curious I watched a video on this gun at the Zip Factory website and also another video on YouTube where the gun defends the gun but ultimately he never really gets it to work very well. This gun seems like a stupid idea, IMO of course, you cock the gun at the front by the bbl seems like you are just asking for trouble. And to run the BX-25 Ruger clips you have to buy a kit or adaptor to use it. Seems lame but wouldn't mind talking with someone who has actually owned/shot this gun.

Anyone ever seen one, used one?? Opinions

Zip Factory The Future of Fun

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I didn't finish watching the video after seeing that they make you put your fingers near the muzzle to clear a jam.
Thanks, but no thanks.

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
That is a real piece of trash.. No thanks

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Okay. I need to get this straight. Your thread title says, "TaurusArmed.net now advertising the Zip Gun."
I'm hoping that was just a sort of random idea of a title; & that you didn't really mean that this forum
was actually advertising that pistol.

You should really think on that one!

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
I believe that is the new product from USFA. I cannot believe they've abandoned their wonderful line of single actions to push this thing.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Okay. I need to get this straight. Your thread title says, "TaurusArmed.net now advertising the Zip Gun."
I'm hoping that was just a sort of random idea of a title; & that you didn't really mean that this forum
was actually advertising that pistol.

You should really think on that one!
Well the REASON I put that was because the AD came up on this forum and I clicked on it, how else would you like me phrase the title. If you don't agree with the title move on, I disagree with titles on this forum but I also consider that this is a PUBLIC FORUM meaning I don't control how the content is placed nor do I care or attempt to persuade peoples postings. So let me explain this b.c. you seem to be having a struggle with the "language" I used

You see some Forum's and online companies have AD space to sell, AD stands for ADVERTISEMENT hence the reason I put that this forum is advertising the "ZIP GUN". Would you have the same issue if I put that this forum is now advertising TZAmory.com??? Your comment about me needing to 'think on that one" is pretty strange and ironic considering the AD came up at the top of the page when I clicked to read your post. So thank you for the constructive criticism, but I think you may have just misunderstood what the titles meaning was. Also trying to police peoples titles on a public forum seems a little bit of a waste of time to me, but that just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Well the REASON I put that was because the AD came up on this forum and I clicked on it, how else would you like me phrase the title. If you don't agree with the title move on, I disagree with titles on this forum but I also consider that this is a PUBLIC FORUM meaning I don't control how the content is placed nor do I care or attempt to persuade peoples postings. So let me explain this b.c. you seem to be having a struggle with the "language" I used

You see some Forum's and online companies have AD space to sell, AD stands for ADVERTISEMENT hence the reason I put that this forum is advertising the "ZIP GUN". Would you have the same issue if I put that this forum is now advertising TZAmory.com??? Your comment about me needing to 'think on that one" is pretty strange and ironic considering the AD came up at the top of the page when I clicked to read your post. So thank you for the constructive criticism, but I think you may have just misunderstood what the titles meaning was. Also trying to police peoples titles on a public forum seems a little bit of a waste of time to me, but that just my opinion.
WHOAAAA!!!! Easy on the defensive reaction there. I think what you clicked on may have been a browser selected ad. If you are not signed in, there will be ad boxes on your screen. These are selected by your browser based on your pattern of searches. The only ads I ever get are from sponsors... that does NOT include zip gun as far as I know. Check to see if you are always signed in. I think that is where the ad came from. As most of us are usually signed in, we don't get those random ads (which would likely be different than what you see anyway). Most if not all websites work this way.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Thank you however for posting that ad, it is an interesting concept, although not my particular brand of whiskey.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Well, you have to sign in to comment but, yes, if the OP saw a browser selected ad (he's been to their site and has the cookie!) THEN signed in to make that post he HAS made an error not only in judgement but in forum protocol.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, you have to sign in to comment but, yes, if the OP saw a browser selected ad (he's been to their site and has the cookie!) THEN signed in to make that post he HAS made an error not only in judgement but in forum protocol.
I actually have never been to their site before this post, and I don't know how that is a protocol issue but people seem to not believe me so the proof is in the pudding, I also cleared all of my cookies and wouldn't you know what popped up, this ad. But apparently I must have been to the site even after I cleared my cookies. I must really like all these other ads that popped up also.

Oh and you spelled judgment wrong which is pretty incredible to me considering this thing has spell check......as long as we are pointing things out and all. It amazes me people are more concerned about the significance of my title than just commenting on my post.

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
You can search Zippo lighters, zip ties, pants with zippers, zip codes, it does not matter, Google ads will tie words together to show advertising they think may appeal to you. Even if it is nothing to do with what you were looking for earlier.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Well the title of the post IS the first thing one reads, eh?!?!
TaurusArmed.net now advertising the "ZIP GUN"

1) IF this is a false statement, which it appears to be; the owners and operators have reason to be upset, it does not go your point in the body of the post and your credibility goes out the window. A proper subject line is KEY in web and e-mail communication.
2) What browser are you using that allows banner ads to occupy so much of your lower screen?
3) Spelling snipers are also not well regarded on web forums. If you are going to take a cheap shot you should at least be correct.

judg·ment [juhj-muhnt]
noun
1.an act or instance of judging.
2. the ability to judge, make a decision, or form an opinion objectively, authoritatively, and wisely, especially in matters affecting action; good sense; discretion: a man of sound judgment.
3. the demonstration or exercise of such ability or capacity: The major was decorated for the judgment he showed under fire.
4. the forming of an opinion, estimate, notion, or conclusion, as from circumstances presented to the mind: Our judgment as to the cause of his failure must rest on the evidence.
5. the opinion formed: He regretted his hasty judgment.

Spell check (or is it spellcheck? Yep, looks like it has 2 accepted forms, as two words or hyphenated - imagine that!) is not run by god and language is still an arbitrary construct with styles and alternate spellings that can be discussed endlessly...

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Mountains out of mole hills.......

whoooooooooo cares!!!!!!!!!!!

not this guy.

Mingaa. Stop feeding the troll.

·
Administrator
35,560 Posts

While you make a point about this being a public forum, you need to keep in the back of your mind that this forum is owned by people who have entrusted the content of posts to a group of moderators. When you tell one of them to 'move on' if he doesn't agree with the title, in addition to treating him in general disrespect, well.....lets just say that you aren't making friends and influencing people.

The title of this thread should now suit everybody. Lets move on.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
I have seen that advertised on here many of times. And let me tell ya, never had the urge to click the link. Its ugly and looks like it could be a bit awkward to shoot. And dangerous to boot... I like my fingers! Lol

CF

·
Registered
429 Posts
Have only been here a short time, mingaa...would you please explain the error in protocol? Inquiring minds wanna know...thanks!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well the title of the post IS the first thing one reads, eh?!?!
TaurusArmed.net now advertising the "ZIP GUN"

1) IF this is a false statement, which it appears to be; the owners and operators have reason to be upset, it does not go your point in the body of the post and your credibility goes out the window. A proper subject line is KEY in web and e-mail communication.
2) What browser are you using that allows banner ads to occupy so much of your lower screen?
3) Spelling snipers are also not well regarded on web forums. If you are going to take a cheap shot you should at least be correct.

judg·ment [juhj-muhnt]
noun
1.an act or instance of judging.
2. the ability to judge, make a decision, or form an opinion objectively, authoritatively, and wisely, especially in matters affecting action; good sense; discretion: a man of sound judgment.
3. the demonstration or exercise of such ability or capacity: The major was decorated for the judgment he showed under fire.
4. the forming of an opinion, estimate, notion, or conclusion, as from circumstances presented to the mind: Our judgment as to the cause of his failure must rest on the evidence.
5. the opinion formed: He regretted his hasty judgment.

Spell check (or is it spellcheck? Yep, looks like it has 2 accepted forms, as two words or hyphenated - imagine that!) is not run by god and language is still an arbitrary construct with styles and alternate spellings that can be discussed endlessly...
Well a JUDGEMENT is typically used in a legal preceding or something brought down by a JUDGE, and a JUDGMENT is what you are doing right now......i.e. an opinion. Do you want to SPIILLL CHEICK THATIS Amazing what you and rest of these people turn this into. The moderator gives a stern warning. I have an idea if you disagree with the TITLE DO AS THE OTHER MODERTOR DID AND CHANGE IT!!! I don't need the snide comments and then when I retort everyone jumps down my throat....please, just like cops that back each other up. I might want to think on that one!! <-- this is fine but me responding is inappropriate oh and when I do actually post the ADVERTISMENT everyone ignores that and continues on their quest. Guess what if we are going to look at the LANUAGE, I said advertise not endorse. here is the difference

1. ad·ver·tise·ment

/ˈadvərˌtīzmənt/

Noun

A notice or announcement in a public medium promoting a product, service, or event or publicizing a job vacancy.

Endorse:

en·dorse

/enˈdôrs/

Verb

1.Declare one's public approval or support of.
2.Recommend (a product) in an advertisement

So to those whom think this was me selling out TAURUS and publically destroying their product endorsements READ THE TITLE next time and look at my sig I have put my favorite Taurus firearms in their but I OWN far more than that, so I guess you could say I PROMOTE the Taurus name. Just because you are a moderator doesn't give you the right to cut someone down and hide behind the power you are given.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.