Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never heard of them before. Are they a newer company or did I just miss the boat again as usual? Does anyone have a firearm from them? I shot one the other day that had an Aimpoint and magnifier on it. Still salivating.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Ever hear of an Arial Atom, same thing but in the car world.

Noveske makes me drool and they have alot of toys I'd never be able to afford. I'd just love to one day use one of they're barrels in an AR build since they use polygonal rifling and I've *heard* that balistically it makes a 16 inch barrel the same as a 20 inch barrel on an AR15 and I think that's pretty cool. That said the uppers they have are as much as my SR556, which isn't exactly a cheap rifle in fact if anything is more gun then I'd ever need.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
One of my best friends has a Noveske AR (the Light RECCE Switchblock). Their claim to fame is that they use the M249 (SAW) barrel, they also forge their own uppers and lowers. His has proven the worth of the barrel, not long after buying it he ran 20, 30round mags of 5.56 through it with no cool down and it changed the color of the barrel. I was worried that it was forever damaged but it still shoots 1-1.5 MOA with the right ammo.

While I like the rifle for $2400+ I expect more. Such as a trigger, his was very rough and had a 8lb+ pull (He has since installed a AR Gold). If I was to buy one I would look at the upper only, which sells for $1000 less!

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
So many manufacturers have popped up since the frenzy started a decade or so ago. There are so many good ARs out there available at good prices that I would be hard pressed to spend that kind of cash even if it is the best made.......

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Noveske is often uttered in the same breath as Colt, Bravo Company, Daniel Defense and LMT. Meaning they are considered the "top tier" of the AR World.

They are awesome, but I don't know if they're $1000 more awesome than a colt 6920 or BCM midlength 14.5". I'd love to own one, but my next AR purchase will either be of Colt or BCM manufacture.

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So many manufacturers have popped up since the frenzy started a decade or so ago. There are so many good ARs out there available at good prices that I would be hard pressed to spend that kind of cash even if it is the best made.......
Same here. Problem is that I fear I have now been tainted. Thing is I just asked the guy what kind of stock he had on it and he says "here you go" then hands me the rifle and four mags. Thank you sir!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts