Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sent an inquiry to Novak Sights as to the availability of the Extreme Duty Adjustable rear sight for the PT1911. A nice reply from them indicates the sight will be available in "2 to 3 months". Cost for them to install on your slide, $35 plus cost of the sight.

This adjustable rear sight is available in plain black plus all sorts of dots and bars and night sight stuff.

I thought this was good news.

Des

·
Registered
31 Posts
Desmond, did they say if the sights would be available for purchase to be installed by the gun owner or do they have to do the installation them selves? either way, it is good that there will be sights available other than hienie(sp).

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The letter actually didn't say but I had ask them to quote me a price for installation of a rear and matching front sight like they had them available already. The Extreme Duty comes is available with all sort of sight aid combinations, night dots and night bars and white dots and bars and such so I would assume the ones for the PT1911 will be also.

Des

·
Registered
2 Posts
Desmond,

Your leg work and info on the coming of a Novak fully adjustable rear sight was most appreciated. Your initial artical was dated March 25, 2008 and Novak then anticipated the sight for the PT 1911 would be available in 2-3 months. That might mean that the sight is avaiable to the public already. Has the sight been offered by Novak yet or what is their new timeline?

Thanks again!
Dennis

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I looked at their web site on Sunday and it wasn't listed as yet. I'm off work tomorrow and on my list of things to do is to post them an email or maybe give them a call and see if they might have a time table for production. I will post their response here.

A Google search for Taurus PT1911 Adjustable Rear Sight didn't return anything useful.

Des

·
22,058 Posts
I hope I can get these in 3 dot. I am not crazy about the str8's.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, I got a response back from Novak and it isn't all bad news, quote:

"Due to large orders from stocking dealers and gun companies that we supply we are about 3 months behind on the development of newer model sights. Please bear with us as we will try to have them available ASAP and they will be listed on the website when ready. "

No name on the response, just address and phone number.

I can wait a while as I am involved with a Glock 19 at the moment although I always pack along the Taurus and bust a few caps with it when I take out the Glock.

Des

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I love Novak sights on my M&P. They provide a great sight picture and look nice on the gun. When they'll make them availabe for PT1911 I'll get a set for sure.

·
22,058 Posts
Gray_Wolf said:
I love Novak sights on my M&P. They provide a great sight picture and look nice on the gun. When they'll make them availabe for PT1911 I'll get a set for sure.
I agree. My favorite sights are the ones on both of my M&Ps. If I could I would like to put them on both my 24/7 and PT1911.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts