Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This shows why everyone one should not have any weapon they want: you MUST be capable of controlling the firearm.

Reactions: Rossi

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
This shows why everyone one should not have any weapon they want: you MUST be capable of controlling the firearm.

I DISAGREE!

What this video shows is that people who are just handed a gun without being taught the proper way to handle them can and do get hurt.

What it also shows is that a bunch of irresponsible a-holes grabbed cameras because they knew they were setting people up to be hurt.

It really isn't much different than handing the car keys to somebody who has never ever driven before or just allowing anybody to get behind the controls of a plane.

·
Super Moderator
17,617 Posts
I never found it funny giving inexperienced shooters hard recoiling guns. You know they're in trouble even before they pull the trigger when you see them leaning back like that.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Agreed regarding the need to be able to control your firearm. However I don' think the fact that some people are stupid means that there needs to be undue restrictions on certain types of firearms.
91 whiskey I agree that there should not be "undue restrictions". 10 rds is a prime example: 11 rds of .22 is illegal high capacity but a 1911 is less lethal than that!!!??? Nonetheless, everybody should not have any weapon. It endangers us all, and it makes it more difficult for responsible and capable gun owners to keep our weapons.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I DISAGREE!

What this video shows is that people who are just handed a gun without being taught the proper way to handle them can and do get hurt..
You don't have to have "a gun handed to you" when you can purchase any weapon you want and don't have to have any instruction. I agree with you that there should be some instruction REQUIRED.

Reactions: Dan51

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think the people giving them the guns are at fault. Not giving the shooters proper instruction on the use of the firearm.
If you can buy any gun you want, then who is it that "you" are saying is "the people giving them the guns".

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
It's not about any type of gun. Those guns are basic guns. A shotgun, a pistol, a rifle with a scope.

When you see how those people are holding those , you immediately know that they never held a gun before. The type of gun isn't of any relevance.

Those people would have a .177 bb gun, a .22 lr , 30-30 or a .50 cal the same way.

They very first guy holding the pistol grip shotgun. Look at him. Look at his stance. Look at his grip. Look at how he holds the gun directly in front of his face.

He has no clue because he has no experience, not because of the type of gun it is.

Those were people who had no idea what they were doing, which isn't their fault....being recorded by people who knew they were about to get hurt because they had no clue.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
If you can buy any gun you want, then who is it that "you" are saying is "the people giving them the guns".

Who is saying that all these people bought these guns and own them?

Reactions: mingaa

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did you post this just to start arguments? Cause at this point that's where it seems this is headed.
No, an "argument" was not my intent. My intention was an open and civil discussion about whether any person should be able to posses any weapon, regardless if they are capable of handling that weapon. Is there an issue with that?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Who is saying that all these people bought these guns and own them?
Nobody is saying that, but there is no evidence in this video that the shooters do not own the fire arms. And, their is no difference in somebody going into a LGS and buying a weapon that can't handle.

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
No, an "argument" was not my intent. My intention was an open and civil discussion about whether any person should be able to posses any weapon, regardless if they are capable of handling that weapon. Is there an issue with that?
No. Not in and of itself.

·
Administrator
39,467 Posts
Nobody is saying that, but there is no evidence in this video that the shooters do not own the fire arms. And, their is no difference in somebody going into a LGS and buying a weapon that can't handle.
I doubt any of the people in the video own those firearms. But if they do, I'd almost bet they learned a lesson, and then learned to handle them. Or got rid of them.

Reactions: mingaa and BMC

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Also yes. In my opinion anyone should be able to own any type of weapon they want short of MANPADS, tanks, ICBMs and the like. Training shouldn't be mandatory but it should be highly suggested. Yes there are people out there who will continue to be idiots but there will always be people like that regardless. That's life. Can't do anything about it. You can't legislate stupidity away any more then you can legislate morality. :)

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Also yes. In my opinion anyone should be able to own any type of weapon they want short of MANPADS, tanks, ICBMs and the like. Training shouldn't be mandatory but it should be highly suggested. Yes there are people out there who will continue to be idiots but there will always be people like that regardless. That's life. Can't do anything about it. You can't legislate stupidity away any more then you can legislate morality. :)
completely agree.
also look at how many dumb drivers you see on the road every day...all of them had to pass a test at some point.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Did you post this just to start arguments? Cause at this point that's where it seems this is headed.

Aw come on! Nothing wrong with a good fun friendly argument!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts