Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Sounds like just what the doctor ordered! ;) (wink, wink)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tested it manually i might hit the range this weekend

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it work alot better BUT IF I STILL HAVE ANY PROBLEMS I AM GOING TO SEND IT IN

·
Registered
289 Posts
it work alot better BUT IF I STILL HAVE ANY PROBLEMS I AM GOING TO SEND IT IN
Check the feeding lips on your mag to see if they are 100% straight inline with each other. I've found the slightest variation may cause a feeding problem.

·
35,996 Posts
Which pistol did you buy?

Have you actually fired it yet? If not, sometimes on a new gun, it is difficult to replicate the cycling of ammo by merely hand-cycling.

Give us a shout after your range time.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Which pistol did you buy?

Have you actually fired it yet? If not, sometimes on a new gun, it is difficult to replicate the cycling of ammo by merely hand-cycling.

Give us a shout after your range time.
I shot it already but i have only hand cycled since polishing
when i shot it i didnt know how it would perform i had some 10 year old bear ball ammo and some new hollows niether the best choice for the pt638

·
35,996 Posts
Ditch the 10-year-old Bear ammo, buy some modern name brand FMJ ammo, and try another brand hollow points. Sometimes, the compact sized polymer guns can be finiky when it comes to ammo.

Many times, it's just a matter of finding the ammo that your pistol "likes", and sticking with it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ditch the 10-year-old Bear ammo, buy some modern name brand FMJ ammo, and try another brand hollow points. Sometimes, the compact sized polymer guns can be finiky when it comes to ammo.

Many times, it's just a matter of finding the ammo that your pistol "likes", and sticking with it.
yeah i was hoping somebody on here would know what ammo it likes

oh yeah i shot all the bear ammo lol lol
i just could help it

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Yeah, gettin grid of the old is hard sometimes. I would not trust it to work and I'd not worry if the gun malfunctions with it. Call it 'malfuction practice'. Start with new ball ammo and severl brands to find what works well in your gun. I've learned that the more you shoot it the more tolerant it becomes of other ammo. After about 500 rounds or so it might just take anything you can stuff into it.
(My first surprise was hollow-point in a 1911.) My advisors say stick to American ammo.

Failure to feed? Hmm. I'd take apart the mags and clean and shine them up. That spring must shove up hard enough to get the last round in the way of the slide. And the barrel ramp can't drag on the nose of the round. All my stuff is polished, thankfully.

The more I get to shoot the more fun I'm having. My only limit is the cost of ammo.

·
Registered
14,817 Posts
+1 on the ditch the old ammo. I would also add to go through and do a thorough cleaning as the assembly glue... er lube they use gums up everything. I had to perform a full tear down of my PT1911 after 3 rounds of the first 5 clips (35 rounds) actually fired first time.

·
Registered
66 Posts
My PT145 likes any kind of ball ammo. I've shot about 700 rounds through it, cleaned & lubed mags and everything else, but it will not feed Magtech or Gold Dot hollow points. I no longer use it for concealed carry.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts