Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
13,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was reading some of the latest market news when I came across a world shaking "Doom and Gloom" article. It appears that due to the early had cold weather that has been sweeping parts of our nation, we may soon be facing a French Fry shortage.

It's true!!!

Stock up NOW!! Fill those freezers to the brim, and pack'em tight. If your not a lover of French Fries but somewhat individual who believes in making a few dollars from those who failed to be prepared, stock up and go into the Black Market of French Fry dealing.

Just think of how much money you could make by being the only local source of French Fries come Super Bowl time. After all French Fries covered in chili, cheese, onions, and peppers is only a bowl of chili with out the French Fries.

·
Registered
6,349 Posts
The Super Bowl was played last weekend.

LSU stomped UGA 37-10.

·
Registered
27,130 Posts
I think JRJ is just fearmongering. My guess is that he is heavily invested in french fry futures (say that real fast 5 times) and is trying to drive the price up.

Ignore him and eat fried rice.

·
Registered
109 Posts
There are alot of potatoes frozen in the ground in North Dakota, both seed and spuds for fries. This wet fall caused alot of issues now and for next spring, crop may not get in, if it does it will be late.

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
Its not French fries, its potatoes. Extended cold temperatures and Hurricane Dorian really impacted potato crops this year. So we'll be looking at no mashed 'taters, no chips, no Shepherd's Pie, not to mention roasted new potatoes, scalloped potatoes, potato galettes, tots, twice bakes, hash browns, gratins, latkes, potato pancakes, croquettes, hasselbacks, 'tater salad, vichyssoise, potato gnocchi, and of course, no baked potatoes. Its having a ripple effect throughout the culinary industry. Its indeterminate whether the shortage will be registered within the spud gun industry.

·
Registered
18,498 Posts
Its not French fries, its potatoes. Extended cold temperatures and Hurricane Dorian really impacted potato crops this year. So we'll be looking at no mashed 'taters, no chips, no Shepherd's Pie, not to mention roasted new potatoes, scalloped potatoes, potato galettes, tots, twice bakes, hash browns, gratins, latkes, potato pancakes, croquettes, hasselbacks, 'tater salad, vichyssoise, potato gnocchi, and of course, no baked potatoes. Its having a ripple effect throughout the culinary industry. Its indeterminate whether the shortage will be registered within the spud gun industry.
Whew...:unsure:...good thing I like home fries...:smile:...still plenty of homes left.

·
Super Moderator
35,554 Posts

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Not to be one who enjoys dashing cold water on your hot idea , really. But analysists figure only about 6% of the crop was lost. New Brunswick and the Maritime Provinces came in well enough this year.

But . . . .WE"RE ALL GONNA DIE !

==
==
==
==

==

==
Or should I have said, "Jeffrey Epstein didn't kill himself!"== ?

·
Super Moderator
35,554 Posts
^^ Ahh...you southwestern folks...instead of meat and potatoes you think it's meat and tortillas.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
This doesn't impact me in the least (since Hardees quit selling curly fries and Steak n' Shake quit selling vinegar fries) - I personally prefer sweet potato slices baked with a bit of olive oil painted on...

Reactions: jonrjen

·
Registered
6,349 Posts
^^ Ahh...you southwestern folks...instead of meat and potatoes you think it's meat and tortillas.
Don't knock it. A little meat, a little tortilla, some fresh cilantro, a little chopped onion, maybe a squeeze or two of lime, a dash of green salsa,......

·
Super Moderator
35,554 Posts
Don't knock it. A little meat, a little tortilla, some fresh cilantro, a little chopped onion, maybe a squeeze or two of lime, a dash of green salsa,......
I have been known to enter a rapturous state over tacos and burritos.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts