Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Florida City Denny's robbed at gunpoint; 2 at large - 7News Boston WHDH-TV

They robbed the Dennys and the customers in there. This restaurant is located on US 1 as you head toward the Florida Keys. Scares me because I have eaten there and the thugs seem to be making their way farther south towards the Keys. When I do eat there it is often late night early morning as I am coming home from some where north or heading north out of town.

Glad I always request a seat facing the entrance. Just a little advantage for something like this.

Another bad thing about this part of town, many robberies go unreported. The local police will tell you to call the county police and the county police will tell you to call the local police. Most of the time no one shows up.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
Maybe they're "Pulp Fiction" fans...
You could really cut down on the hero factor in a place like this.

"stay calm Hunny Bunny"

"which one is your wallet"?

·
Registered
20,085 Posts

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
What's the point of local PD if they tell you to call someone else?

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Next time, say you are being attacked by a bunch of pot heads after trying to stop them from vandalizing a doughnut truck!

·
Super Moderator
40,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What's the point of local PD if they tell you to call someone else?
Its a big joke the city police just seem to be revenue generators from traffic tickets.

Reactions: CaptainMorgan

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
As a kid there was an old man I knew that always had a handgun on him. Ask him if he always carried. He said no when I'm sleeping I put it under the pillow. I can see the wisdom in that as I get older.

·
Super Moderator
19,747 Posts
Hmmmm, wisdom? Lessee, we've already covered a cop who shot his finger off, another cop who GLOCKED himself in an elevator and, yet, another who developed Taurus Leg Syndrome - AND THESE HAVE ALL BEEN THREADS THIS PAST WEEK!

So an unsecured trigger/trigger guard inches from your head while you're sound asleep??

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
Be safe out there, carry always..

·
Registered
2,513 Posts

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Thanks, Paul, for sharing more fodder for the "always carry - never tell" crowd.

Reactions: Fishinkeylargo
1 - 13 of 13 Posts